I wish I attended the game.

Let us know if you photomatch it.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
      • Nov 2005

Re: Braves fans: Look and be amazed

Originally posted by Neal
      I disagree.

For $450, I would hold onto it unless I received an unreal offer. There are many non HOFers whose GU jersey value far exceeds $450.
      It's simple economics. Heyward is a mega hyped rookie that just made the All Star Team and Kyles jersey may be the only one in the hobby. I'm sure there's many well-healed clueless collectors that would throw big dollars at a jersey from Heyward. The longer you hold onto the jersey, the better the chances of the value dropping to what Kyle paid for it. There's also the chance that Heyward might start marketing every jersey he wears which will kill his value. Of course, Heyward could become the next Pujols or Jeter, but that's the risk you take.

Case in point. I had the option to buy a nice Gordon Beckham jersey last year, but passed since he was also a hyped rookie. This year Beckham is struggling to break the Mendoza line and his value has dropped. You just never know with this stuff.

Whatever Kyle does with the jersey, I'm sure he'll be happy with it. Finding those nice deals don't happen as much as they used to.
      Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
      ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• kylehess10
        • Feb 2006

Thanks guys! And yes, I am VERY tempted to flip the jersey, but I do though want it for my collection. I'm just worried that it really will drop severely in value over the years. I'm going to start looking for photomatches today. I guess that will really depend if I sell it or not. I've already confirmed from some full-resolution images that it isn't his Opening Day jersey (wasn't really expecting it to though). But hopefully I'll find something
        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ironmanfan
          The average fan who attends a Major League has no idea what the value of game used memorabilia is.....I'm sure the majority of the people who did happen to see it thought $450 was ridiculous....

Nice pickup, Kyle!

That's exactly right. All I saw were regular fans coming in and out of the room with all the memorabilia in it. Every item they had in the auction had either 1 bid or none.
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• justinbittner220
            • Apr 2010

I'm ready to buy... or trade
            justinbittner220@hotmail.com

Comment

• sportscrazy13
              • Nov 2007

WOW!

Being a big Braves fan, I am completely jealous. Very Nice pick up Kyle!
              Gary
              gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

I'm glad it was you, Kyle, and notan auction house that got it.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• geoff
                  • Nov 2005

If it was me even though how Bad I would want to keep it.I would Flip it And make some Money And Buy something else you want And still have extra Money as well.Just my thoughts though on this.If you do keep it Kyle enjoy your Rookie Jersey.

Thanks
                  Geoff

Comment

• ziggy
                    • Oct 2007

Time to sell.....You should be able to get $1500-$2000 if you sell now. I'm sure the braves will have a lot of heyward home jerseys made knowing they can sell them. What does a Chipper Jones gamer bring about $800....what are the odds that Heyward will be as good as Jones?

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                      • Sep 2009

kyle,

This is a great find no matter what you decide to do!

I noticed some people saying it went cheap because fans at the games don't appreciate game used memorabilia....that may be the majority but I believe that there would be at least a handful of people at the game out of thousands that would have been interested in getting the jersey. I think many may not have known about it and others may have just figured as with most game used items at ballparks it was going to have too high of a price tag.

Obviously the safe play would be to flip it while the hype is high but one thing to consider is that many times collectors don't appreciate 'rookie' items until later in a players career when they unable to obtain them easily and they become more sought after. The premium for a 'rookie' authenticated Heyward jersey will be pretty incredible if he does play up to his abilities come a few years from now. With a rookie jersey especially with solid authentication, I think it is almost worth the gamble just to hang onto it for now and see how is career plays out. just my .02!

Congrats man, that had to feel good!

Comment

• ziggy
                        • Oct 2007

Just a few years ago Jeff Francoeur was the next Mickey Mantle.....You could have sold his rookie jersey for $2000.. now you can pick one up for less less $350

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ziggy
                          Just a few years ago Jeff Francoeur was the next Mickey Mantle.....You could have sold his rookie jersey for $2000.. now you can pick one up for less less $350
                          Francoeur didn't have the talent or potential or the popularity of Heyward. Francouer wasn't selected to catch the opening day pitch from Hank Aaron because the Braves organization and his fellow teammates have an unbelievable amount of respect for him and his talent. Francoeur didn't proceed to hit a 476 ft hr is first major league swing and carry himself like a veteran before being able to even drink a beer. I think to compare him to Francouer is a bit of a stretch. Of course he could be a bust or get hurt, thats with anyone in any sport but I have never seen teammates praise a rookie outfielder like they have Heyward.

Comment

• kylehess10
                            • Feb 2006

Thank you everyone for your inputs and ideas to help me with my decision.

I've been conducting a lot of research all day today and I am able to figure out when Heyward wore this jersey, all because of the letter placement of "BRAVES". The piping that goes down the jersey goes through the "A" and "V" in "BRAVES" and it's not always sewn in the same spot on every jersey. I searched through photos and video of Heyward and the jersey I have is the only jersey he wore this year without any white space at the end of the "A", and the loop of the "V" touching in the same spot on the piping. Therefore, so far, I can conclude that Heyward wore this jersey on June 1st, 17th, 18th, & 19th. He hit his 11th homerun of the season on the 17th, so I'm excited that it's a homerun jersey.

Special thanks to pietraynor for looking up the hologram numbers close to the one on the Heyward jersey since that shows that it was most-likely collected from after the game Strasburg pitched on 6/28. He probably wore this jersey a few games in the dugout too when he injured his thumb.

This is probably a jersey I won't ever be able to get again, but I am though leaning more on selling it, and accepting the idea that I can be able to pay back what I paid, plus be able to add more to my collection, and still have a little money left over. A representative with the Atlanta Braves Foundation told me yesterday that it took a lot for them to get this Heyward jersey to add to their auction, and that they're holding on to his jerseys as tight as possible, so I'm surprised I could be the first to get one. I have no idea if the Braves will even be selling his jerseys when the huge game used jersey list gets sent out at the end of the year.
                            kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• ziggy
                              • Oct 2007

I would either sell it before the end of the season, or hold on to it for the long haul. I am sure once the season is over the braves will be selling the Heyward jerseys......they will be probably be asking $2000-$2500 each for them but they will be out there.

Comment

• kylehess10
                                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ziggy
                                I would either sell it before the end of the season, or hold on to it for the long haul. I am sure once the season is over the braves will be selling the Heyward jerseys......they will be probably be asking $2000-$2500 each for them but they will be out there.

If I sell it, it will be this week. His All-Star selection makes him even a bit more desired right now when it comes to his equipment. Plus I have yet to see any of his jerseys hit the market (even his Jackie Robinson Day & blue throwback jerseys), so I know that right now is probably my best time to sell.
                                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

Working...