Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

any reds collectors out there?

I had a question about reds jerseys. How much wear do you normally see on the property of cincinatti reds patch? I have a jersey from 08 that shows little wear from washing on the tag but shows game use.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Re: any reds collectors out there?

Kind of depends on if its home, away or red alternate. Sometimes red alternates do not show as much use. Property tag is one of the top things to look at to determine use. Depending how crinkled and faded it is says a lot about the use. Issued or new jerseys, are usually crisp, clean and show no fading on the writing of "PROPERTY OF CINCINNATI REDS". Hope that helps, what jersey do you have?
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

07 Hamilton jersey. I bougtht it from two old laldies at the national last year. A few people i have talked to from the area seemed to know who the two old ladies were and said they see themm all over the place. The tagging matches up, just not much use on the property tag.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

All I currently have is 3-2009 Cincy jerseys.

1- Alex Gonzalez road gray poly. The property tag is quite legible but washed good.

1- Darnell McDonald home white cool base, wash tag is 90% illegible.

1- Darnell McDonald road gray cool base, property tag is 70% faded.

The two McDonald jerseys were rode a little harder than the Gonzalez, but I believe cool base does not hold up as well as poly. Hope this helps!

my jersey is a 07 jersey and i compared the wash tag with some of those on BPH website, they have a good mix of crisp tags and washed. I think i got a good deal on the jersey even if it shows little use.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

any of you cincinatti guys know of the two old ladies im talking about? They were set up at teh national in 2008
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

also the letters in the tag arent faded so much but the tag is pretty crincled and shows evidence of washing.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I am not from Cincinnati, but think I know exactly who you are talking about. Big time collectors, who will part with things occasionally at a heavy price. I have purchased from them in the past, and the stuff they pick up usually comes from the team or other big dealers such as Mark Fugate. Would love to see pictures of your Hamilton jersey and the tagging.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I think I'm one of the old ladies you are refering to, jeez, 52 and I'm an old lady. LOL All of our jersey's come directly from the Reds. Mark Fugate has bought off of us, we've known each other for years.

BTW, One year, I think it was 04 or 06 the year was left off of the property tag of the Reds