Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Trade

Re: Lee Trade

I was already to buy my Lee Yankee jersey but the M's backed out.

Cliff Lee is a monster, and perhaps cant truly be appreciated until he is on your team....Philly fell head over heals for him last year...He is a no nonsense, no bs pitcher, whatever the rangers gave up will be worth it...

Ask any Philly fan, they would love to Lee still....and I bet to a man, although they would never say it, they ALL wish they still had Lee, he was well liked in the clubhouse...

I have been rooting for him all season, and will continue to do so...

and just to throw out an alternative spin....Should Lee help Texas go deep in the playoffs, say ALCS....it would actually be beneficial for the Ranger owners....nothing sells like a winner !

Non Yanks fans should be thrilled that the M's said "What would you give?" Then used that to manipulate the Rangers. The Yanks were never getting him, they were pawns.

I don't know enough about the Rangers to comment. However, Mark Teixieira cost the Braves Elvis Andrus plus for nothing. Elvis The All Star. I wish it was that Cuban stain Yunel Escobar instead because he is a heartless toad they should trade for some balls. instead of getting hosed.

When the Ms have a few stars from this trade and Cliff walks, welcome to current MLB rules
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

After attending the Reds/Phillies game tonight and witnessing in person an epic choke by the Reds relievers I think it is clear that they should have made a strong push to get Lee. They definitely need somebody to come in and help right now because even if the Reds do make the playoffs they will get an early exit judging by what I saw last night as well as tonight in Philly.

Banned

IMO 1. Texas wrapped up the AL West with this trade and now becomes a serious World Series contender with their deep lineup, flame throwing closer and now an ace at the top of their rotation. 2. The Reds, Yankees, etc. had no real chance at Lee because the Mariners need a big time offensive star and none of those teams had a player like Smoak to offer. Smoak looks like he may turn into a huge hitter. 3. If Texas falls short of the World Series it is a terriable move because Smoak will be a big time player and Texas has zero chance of signing Lee. This is a huge possibility because the AL playoffs are likely to include both the Yanks and Red Sox and Texas would likely have to beat both to get to the Series, no easy feat and making the playoffs only in a weak AL West or making them and winning only one round is no real accompolishment.

I would not have Traded Smoak unless I knew 100 Percent that Cliff Lee will be Signing And Staying with The Rangers.Justin Smoak is going to be very good in A few Years I think.

I think the Rangers were surprised that Seattle didn't ask for one of their top level pitching prospects as well. I think they were very surprised to get Lee for Smaok and not have to give up much else. We don't know how good Smoak will be in the future. As far as a hitter he may have been called up too early and he will probably never be a gold glove fielder. I think if Lee becomes a free agent and doesn't sign with Texas they will get some draft choices so they may not have lost that much.

I guess my smoak 1st hit hr bat will get to go to the closer for a few years since it no longer fits in my collection
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Tex cost the braves Andria who mlbplayers voted s having the best range inthe bigs also neftali feliz who will probly win Roy salty Matt haarison. As deep as the rangers farm system is we won't miss any of the guys traded

QUOTE=gingi79;208218]Non Yanks fans should be thrilled that the M's said "What would you give?" Then used that to manipulate the Rangers. The Yanks were never getting him, they were pawns.

I don't know enough about the Rangers to comment. However, Mark Teixieira cost the Braves Elvis Andrus plus for nothing. Elvis The All Star. I wish it was that Cuban stain Yunel Escobar instead because he is a heartless toad they should trade for some balls. instead of getting hosed.

When the Ms have a few stars from this trade and Cliff walks, welcome to current MLB rules[/QUOTE]
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

It's possible Smoak will turn into a good hitter, but it is also possible he won't. Out side of taking some walks and showing some power he had not showed much else. He may develop, but he sure wasn't ready yet. And there is nothing about his fielding that shows him to be above average. Some people were surprised that the Mariners didn't take the catcher the Yankees offered as they think him the better player. I think Texas is in the position that they realize there chance to win the division and possibly advance in the play offs doesn't come around often so they need to try while they can. Smoak will never be another Teixeira because he doesn't have his fielding skills, no matter how he hits.