Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Trade

Banned

Re: Lee Trade

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I think the Rangers were surprised that Seattle didn't ask for one of their top level pitching prospects as well. I think they were very surprised to get Lee for Smaok and not have to give up much else. We don't know how good Smoak will be in the future. As far as a hitter he may have been called up too early and he will probably never be a gold glove fielder. I think if Lee becomes a free agent and doesn't sign with Texas they will get some draft choices so they may not have lost that much.
    To get picks they have to offer him arbitration, which there is no chance of happening. If he accepts he would get 15 plus million which Texas obviously cannot afford. Yeah he wants a multiyear deal but can Texas take that risk? The Yankees could acquire someone else before then and be out of the running and maybe noone else offers him the kind of coin he wants so he just accepts arbitration as the way of getting it.

As the Rangers currently are financially there is no way they could pay Lee for another year. But if the sale goes through to the Ryan group that could be a different story. Although Lord only knows how the bankruptcy proceeding they are currently in will turn out.

If the sale goes through the rangers could afford 15 million . The are the 6 th biggest market in MLB. Also with harden gone if he doesn't get his crap together the deal could easily get done
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington