Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Trade

Lee Trade

I know there are a lot of Rangers fans on the board, so wanted to hear your thoughts on the trade? Giving up Smoak and a few prospects should be interesting.

I wanted the Reds to pull the trigger but there were certain guys I didn't want to see traded (Mesoraco).
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

Smile Re: Lee Trade

Although it would have been nice to see the White Sox get him in light of Jake Peavy's season-ending injury, at least, if it wasn't the Chisox, it was Texas (and not the Yankees).

Dave Miedema

Re: Lee Trade

I don't see why the Reds would have needed Lee, where would he fit in the rotation down the line? You have Volquez, Arroyo, Leake, Harang (pending time on DL) and Cueto. All those guys plus Homer Bailey Are just fine for the Reds. If anything they could use a bullpen arm or two.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I don't see why the Reds would have needed Lee, where would he fit in the rotation down the line? You have Volquez, Arroyo, Leake, Harang (pending time on DL) and Cueto. All those guys plus Homer Bailey Are just fine for the Reds. If anything they could use a bullpen arm or two.

Are you serious????Because he's head and shoulders better than all of those guys
    Volquez hasn't pitched in a year and is coming off major surgery
    Arroyo is a .500 pitcher
    Leake is a rookie and come September will be pitching more inning than he probably should
    Harang has sucked for the last 2-3 years
    Cueto's career era is around 4.5
    Lee is a top 5 pitcher in the majors

Kellsox, have you taken the time to see that Harang is having a spectacular season? Do you also realize that the Reds probably don't stand a chance at signing him next year over a team like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc. So with a somewhat solid rotation that the Reds currently put out there, why give up maybe a Yonder Alonso and Travis Wood for a rental player? If you really want to go get someone, take Brett Myers and save your top guys.

Took me 2 seconds to see that Harang is 6-7 with a 5.02 ERA
    Please tell me you were joking when you said he was having a "spectacular" season

Texas gave up a ton for a rent-a-player. A team that cannot figure out who is going to buy/own them stands no chance of signing him. Good move by Seattle, they are dead this year.

I think it was a great deal for the Mariners but trading for a star like this only makes sense if you are going to sign a player. It is great to make a run but Lee probably will not win the Rangers a World Series. You think the Brewers would love to have Laporta and Brantley back despite how great Sabathia was for the 2 months the Brewers had him?

Not spectacular, but he's an innings eater which teams love to have. As I said, they have Volquez and Bailey coming back plus if one was to falter they canfind someone other than Lee and not have to give up the prospects, that the Lee trade demanded. Ted Lilly, Brett Myers, Jevin Millwood, or Jake Westbrook would be suitable. They are solid pitchers that won't demand much in return from their current clubs.

Whoever traded for him is playing for this year and Lee could put most contending teams into the playoffs. if I am the Reds, Rangers or any other team in their position I make the deal. These teams havent made the playoffs in forever and have a great chance this year - good to see other teams making big moves.