Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ebayer "Flipsyr" Ripping Off Collectors Again....

ebayer flipsyr fixes up helmets and then sells them on ebay as original authentic vintage gems that come from his personal collection - he also usually claims that he picked up his helmets at a local sporting goods store or a sports show in the early '70s.

at the moment he's listed a vintage baltimore colt's helmet "from his personal collection" with a buy it now price of $1,000 - in his ad he states: I DO NOT KNOW OF THE PLAYER WHO WORE THIS HELMET BUT BY THE LINEMAN NUMBER OF 73 HE MUST OF BEEN A VERY BIG MAN.

problem is flipsyr recently picked up this very helmet on ebay a couple of months ago, on may 4th, for a steal of a price ($328). however when he purchased it, it was not fitted with colts decals and the facemask was different.

left photo: when it sold in may, right photo: as currently listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-RID...item27b34a8ed5

left photo: when it sold in may, right photo: current listing:

left photo: when it sold in may, right photo: current listing:

top photo: when it sold in may, right photo: current listing:

fwiw the decals flipsyr typically uses are do-it-yourself jobs and are not correct; also flipsyr has the ability to remove and replace helmet rivets. he recently sold an "original 1973 chargers helmet" that was a fake although for the selling price of $132, the buyer actually got a pretty nice helmet even though it's not a bolts' helmet. the "vintage 49ers helmet" he currently has listed is noting more than a helmet lamp fitted with a reproduction suspension unit despite his untruthful claims...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-1973-SA...item27b30ccc54

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-ORIGIN...item27b349630f

robert

Re: Ebayer "Flipsyr" Ripping Off Collectors Again....

Is this the guy out of the Pittsburgh area? I know that guy has several ebay identities. He's been a problem for a while.

Robert has my vote for the "Collector of the Decade!"
    Nice work here, thanks.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Wow, nice work Robert
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

This guy is another reason we should start a "People not to deal with" or "Skeptical people to deal with" thread. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by justinbittner220 View Post
    This guy is another reason we should start a "People not to deal with" or "Skeptical people to deal with" thread. Good work!
    I agree with Justin. We need a thread just like it to help each other from scam artist. This way we will better able to protect this very special hobby of ours.

-Rick-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Pelliccioni View Post
    Robert has my vote for the "Collector of the Decade!"
    Nice work here, thanks.
    Larry Pelliccioni
    I'll 2nd it

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    the funny thing about this listing is that ebayer flipsyr apparently uses it to call me out:

(ATTENTION) CERTAIN ACCUSATIONS HAS BEEN MADE BY A SO CALLED EXPERT ON SOME OF MY HELMETS, EVERYTHING HE HAS SAID ABOUT MY HELMETS IS FALSE. THIS CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL CAN SAY ALL HE WANTS DOES NOT MAKE HIM AN EXPERT.

pretty comical statement given that the redskins helmet in this listing is just like his colts helmet, it's another one of his homemade reproductions. and just like the colts helmet, flipsyr lies through his teeth about it:

UP FOR SALE IS A (VERY RARE) ORIGINAL AUTHENTIC RIDDELL RK4 SUSPENSION GAME HELMET OF THE 1965-1968 WASHINGTON REDSKINS. THIS HELMET HAS SEEN ALLOT OF GAME USE. IT SHOWS NORMAL GAME MARKS AND SCRATCHES, THE ORIGINAL PAINT IS THE DARK BURGUNDY AND GREY INSIDE. THE RIDDELL AND KRA-LITE MARKINGS WERE PAINTED OVER AT ONE POINT (PROBABLY DURING A RECONDITIONING PROCESS IN WHICH WAS COMMON BACK IN THAT ERA... THE ORIGINAL SPEAR DECAL APPEARS TO BE THE 9 PIECE AND NOT THE MODERN ONE PIECE DECALS THAT ARE MADE TODAY. THE DECALS ALSO SHOWS GAME WEAR AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES....

heres' the real scoop: flipsyr won this helmet on ebay for $172 shipped, in april of this year - i was also in on the bidding. of course when it was originally listed on ebay it wasn't covered in "original" dark burgundy paint nor was it fitted with "original" spear decals. it was just a nice, game used, white, vintage rk4 helmet (left):

here's a closeup look at the front of the helmets - identically rusted rivets (do i see the letter "p" there?) and same hit marks:

same stain on the nape webbing strap:

this shot is particularly entertaining - after flipsyr painted the helmet burgundy, he scraped along the already present deep gouges (including the large "y" shaped scar) on the back of the shell. in fact he "keyed" a lot of the helmet in an effort to make it look game used after he painted it which resulted in a silly, unconvincing and contrived stab at wear:

the list goes on and on - the same oxidized (blue) jaw pad snaps, same webbing stains, same hit marks, etc. leave zero doubt that these are the same lids. fwiw flipsyr has a big soft spot for redskins helmets - both the "spear" style and the "lombardi r" style - and he's unloaded many as "original" on ebay. here's a look at a few of his "spear" reproduction helmets that he's sold as original - gotta love those 40+ year old spear decals in mint condition, no?

anyway, as i've mentioned before, imo flipsyr is a crook who is only interested in robbing unsuspecting collectors - hopefully ebay will shut him down some day.

robert

I love people who protect bidders ids cause that really works. Well thats until they leave feedback, just contact them and let them know. Point them to this site by bypassing the spam filter like www (dot)gameuseduniverse(dot)com. They will get a refund and taaa daaaa