Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Dick Allen Post Career Game Bat

Need some help. Is this Richie Allen (post Career bat) a store model or a Coaches bat. It appears to be of superior quality to store model bats but lack of stamping on the knob raised a question. Your responses are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Re: Dick Allen Post Career Game Bat

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Need some help. Is this Richie Allen (post Career bat) a store model or a Coaches bat. It appears to be of superior quality to store model bats but lack of stamping on the knob raised a question. Your responses are appreciated.
    That copyright of the Louisville Slugger underneath his name doesn't match up with that centerbrand dating I don't think. Maybe someone can verify that, if thats the case I would think it is a promotional bat of some kind.

Banned

The bat was made between 1986-1989. I would have to say it's a bat made for a signing or something on that line.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    The bat was made between 1986-1989. I would have to say it's a bat made for a signing or something on that line.

What is strange to me is the mismatch of era stampings. 1979 was the last Hillerich & Bradsby appeared in the centerbrand but the barrel is a 86-89....It must have been produced in the late 80's but supposed to look like a bat he would have used possibly? Must have been for getting signed or for some type of promotion....

It's a souvenir bat made sometime after 1986. It's not unusual to see souvenir bats with mismatched branding (ex. 1950s center brand, 1980s barrel brand). Not all souvenir bats have the 125 underlined, so you have to look for other clues. The registered trademark symbol on the barrel branding is the giveaway on this one.

thank you all for your responses. very helpful and much appreciated.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Hi Bill,

I'm interested in your Allen bat. Is it for sale? Thanks