Interesting find..Mark McGwire bat from 98'.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cubs93
    • May 2007

Re: Interesting find..Mark McGwire bat from 98'.

Sorry...last photo!
    Attached Files

Comment

• panthrotc
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rj_lucas
      It's plausible to think the signed bat was traded for the HR ball. Both of the home runs McGwire hit that night landed on the tarp in straightaway center field i.e. they were likely retreived by someone from the Marlins.

Rick
      rickjlucas@gmail.com

if you saw highlights which i specifically remember, fans were running onto the tarp and falling through it in the scramble to get the ball. I remember the one fan getting to ball and then falling through the tarp. Those balls were retreived by fans.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by panthrotc
        if you saw highlights which i specifically remember, fans were running onto the tarp and falling through it in the scramble to get the ball. I remember the one fan getting to ball and then falling through the tarp. Those balls were retreived by fans.
        Yes I remember everyone running on the tarps as well. You can see the hr's on the video about the 98 race as well. The other option I could see with this bat is that it was a gift to someone, perhaps a friend that was attending the game and asked for a bat. I have seen similar items that were gifted by mac.

Comment

• spartanservitto
          • May 2010

What a cool bat. I think it is a fair price given that the bat is a legit game model, the autograph and inscriptions are legit.... and I agree on the story, it definitely was a gift, much more personal then one of the signed in mass steiner bats. Great pick up, especially for the Mcgwire collector.

-Tony
          sigpic
          Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
          My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
          My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• cubs93
            • May 2007

Just wanted to thank everyone for your posts and information. This is a pretty cool piece. Due to some other things I'm working on I will be looking to move this bat. If anyone does have any interest in this bat let me know. I'd be looking to sell it however would be open sell / trade as well. Thanks again for all the comments and information. Email me at eknapp33@yahoo.com if you have any other help you can offer on the bat or are interested in it.

Comment

Working...