Hello everyone. I don't normally post much but thought some of you McGwire collectors would like to see this one. I recently bought a McGwire signed from a contact in Florida. The bat is very interesting for a couple reasons. First, it has a sweet auto on it that says, "HR #56, 9-1-08, All My Best, Mark McGwire STL 25". On the knob of the bat is model MAC25, batch code 769 and then 98. The bat is game issued and does not appear to show any use. In talking with Jeff Scott from Birdbats.com I confirmed McGwire hit 2 homeruns in Florida on 9-1-98 of which one of them was number 56. Here is another interesting part...the batch number 769 is the same batch number on the bat McGwire used to hit homeruns 56 through I think 62. So, it is my guess that the fan that caught homerun #56 traded the ball back to McGwire in exchange for this game issued bat. I just cannot see why he would have signed it with this inscription plus adding the fact that the batch number is the exact same as the bat he used to hit homeruns 56-62. Makes sense he pulled this out of his bat bag I'm Florida and traded it for the ball. Can anyone else help me make sense of the inscription? If my assumption is right and this bat came from the same run or batch used to break the record can anyone help me with figuring out what this bat is worth? I'll try to add photos later tonight. Special thanks to Jeff Scott for offering me some help on this one. My email address is eknapp33@yahoo.com thanks again for any help anyone can provide.