Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need Help with this Super Bowl 36 football between the Rams and Pats

I have been offered this Super Bowl 36 football and wondered if anyone can give me the scoop on why the team names have been left off? The ball is a kicking ball and has the two K's on the one side and the stars and stripes logo on the reverse for 9/11. The ball says AFC Champion vs NFL Champion.

Why would Wilson make up this football and not put the team names on but have the K's added?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Need Help with this Super Bowl 36 football between the Rams and Pats

I'm not a GU football collector but 9/11 might be partially responsible. The date of the game was pushed back one week due to the altered schedule and the original logo was scrapped for a more patriotic version.

According to Wikipedia..."Initially, the original logo for Super Bowl XXXVI was to have a style that reflected the host city. The original logo was distributed on some memorabilia items during 2001. However, after the 9/11 attacks, a new logo reflecting American pride was designed, featuring the shape of the 48 contiguous states (see the top of this article)."

I will defer to our football experts out there.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.