Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Arrow Ryan Braun NEW BAT???

Hello,
    I have noticed the past two days that Ryan Braun isn't using his normal black SAM bats. He's been using an all blond bat and I can't make out what kind of bat it is. If anyone know's please let us know.

Re: Ryan Braun NEW BAT???

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Hello,
    I have noticed the past two days that Ryan Braun isn't using his normal black SAM bats. He's been using an all blond bat and I can't make out what kind of bat it is. If anyone know's please let us know.

Jaimie,

I have noticed that several Brewers including Prince Fielder and Jim Edmonds have been trying RockBats, which is a small bat company that got it's start in Wisconsin I believe. Seems like the players have really liked the bats and believe in 'em because its been spreading around the team from what I've seen. I think that if Ryan is trying out a new bat it most likely is a RockBat. Hope this helps!

Banned

That's the first thing that came to mind for me also. I hope maybe someone will get a better look and we can find out for sure.

It looks like it has a skinny black or blue ring around it. I think there was some kind of bat like a B46 or B42 or something like that possibly? If anyone knows more about the brand I might be thinking of, they may be able to help.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    It looks like it has a skinny black or blue ring around it. I think there was some kind of bat like a B46 or B42 or something like that possibly? If anyone knows more about the brand I might be thinking of, they may be able to help.
    B45?

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    B45?
    Yes. That's it. For some reason I couldn't remember.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Jetersbatboy- I believe the top photo is a phoenix bat, and the bottom picture is a rock bat.

I agreee with MLB Authentic. The top pic/bat would appear to be a Phoenix. The second pic/bat is definitely a Rock bat.

These photos appear to be from Saturday's (7-24) game. Braun's bat use in that game was:

1st inning: Blond Corey Hart Rock Bat (Home Run bat)
    3rd inning: Same bat as 1st inning (likely broken in this PA)
    5th inning: Blond bat with no apparent logo
    7th inning: Black bat with no apparent logo
    9th inning: Blond Corey Hart bat with no apparent logo (appears to be same as 5th inning bat).

The notation of "Corey Hart bat" is based on review of screen shots of the bats used having Hart's #1 on the knob. These bats also appear to have a larger knob, which is typical of a Hart model bat.

As to the bats, in my opinion, the top photo above is a photo of the bat used in the 1st and 3rd inning. The bottom photo is the bat used in the 5th and 9th inning. To me, the botom photo appears to have a faded Rock Bat logo on it (although for some reason with no line accompanying it) and both are Rock Bats.

Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu