Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Derek Jeter 2009 Photo Matched Bat

Thought this one deserved its own thread...Just got this one a few weeks ago and thanks to mlb.tv, was able to video match it. I wish mlb.tv was still in HD last year as it was tough to get clear screen shots saved, but without a doubt, it is the bat in both games that appear below. I know some members might have a tough time seeing the matches as they are not as clear as I was hoping for, but they are without a doubt perfect matches with the bat in hand and watching the video.

Here are photos of the bat

Game 6, ALCS

Game 1 of the World Series--the huge ball mark above Genuine happens on a foul ball during the 9th inning. Pitch 1 was not there and then he fouled one off and the ball mark was there!

Re: Derek Jeter 2009 Photo Matched Bat

Awesome bat! Looks like a match to me...
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Hey Scott, nice pickup!!!! And, Great work on the match!!!!! You are on a roll lately!

looks like a match to me as well! I wish that HD would work all the time though, it made matching much more convincing. I bet in person it looks even better, I know how it goes! Congrats, not too many current bats out there better than a photomatched jeter!

Tried to get a better shot of the bat showing the same marks as the first pic was a bit light..

Nice match, that's a great bat.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

When you bought it did you know it was used in the world series.

No, I had a feeling when I got it that it was a playoff bat because it had 9-19 etched in the knob and with the amount of use there was no way it was just from the regular season as the date was so late in the season. Needless to say I'm very happy with the bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post
    No, I had a feeling when I got it that it was a playoff bat because it had 9-19 etched in the knob and with the amount of use there was no way it was just from the regular season as the date was so late in the season. Needless to say I'm very happy with the bat!!
    That is incredible, so jealous.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post
    I actually overlooked the bat being used in Game 1 when I looked at the photos the first time....wow. Congrats, thats pretty incredible.....shocked it was not kept track of especially being so recent....if it had been Arod's you can bet it would have been set aside and documented as a ws bat ....