Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Players Using Equipment For More Than One Season?

Here's an example of Jorge Jimenez in 2010 using Dallas McPherson's bat who was released by the Marlins at the end of Spring Training 2009 and saw limited playing time. Makes you wonder if it's an 08 or 09 bat.

Seaver used the same glove for years....

As late as last week (7/21), I noticed Cody Ransom using a LS bat with the 125th anniversary logo when the Phillies visited St. Louis.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Players Using Equipment For More Than One Season?

I forgot this one earlier...a Ricky Gutierrez Indians bat given to me by a Tribe coach during 2007. Gutierrez played for Cleveland in 2002-03. The bat was received on the heels of a Tribe interleague series, so I'm hypothesizing that a Tribe pitcher stumbled across it and decided to use it for his rare hitting duties.

Dave Miedema

I have a 2006 chase utley Marucci used in 2007, which I have photo and video matched. I also recently bought a 2008 chase utley marucci bat that was used in the 2009 NLDS, I have this one video matched. I believe this bat was held back in 2008 to be checked and tested and then was recent to chase in late 2009, just my guess.

Matt

I love hearing all the feedback!

Now my part to this question...is there any way that a player receives the bat early? I mean, if the knob is stamp "09" in the code, could they have ordered it and received it early...ie for NY PART OF THE "08" season?

Jeremy
    macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Noticed Jason Michaels of the Astros using a 2009 Louisville Slugger with the 125th anniversary logo last night against the Cardinals.

Its not just bats Biggio used the same batting helment for years, even through a logo switch, it was encrusted with pine tar and you could clearly see an area that had been cleaned to put the new logo on when they moved from the dome to the new ball park and changed logos. hope this helps