Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Baseball in Philly

I am making another trek to take in another stadium. I am up to eight so far old and new Yankee Stadium, Shea and Citifield, Camden Yards, Nationals Park, Skydome and Fenway Park. This time it is Philly. Does anyone know how to get the cheapest tickets and the best places to sit? I am going to attend the Mets series so I assume it will be SRO. Thanks.

Re: Baseball in Philly

I went in 2007 before the Phillies gained all the hype and got reasonable tickets from the Phillies and got to sit two or three rows back from the Mets dugout. Things have changed now, so I would assume that same deal through the team isn't possible. Try Stubhub, that would be your best bet as I'm going to see the Mets in Pittsburgh and the tickets are Cheaper through Stubhub, than the Pirates.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I went in 2007 before the Phillies gained all the hype and got reasonable tickets from the Phillies and got to sit two or three rows back from the Mets dugout. Things have changed now, so I would assume that same deal through the team isn't possible. Try Stubhub, that would be your best bet as I'm going to see the Mets in Pittsburgh and the tickets are Cheaper through Stubhub, than the Pirates.
    thanks. let me know how pittsburgh's stadium is that is a future sojourn of mine. what other parks have you been to?

When are you going to Philly? My buddies and I are doing a BB roadtrip: Phila 8/8, Baltimore 8/9, and DC 8/10. I've only been to Baltimore before.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Best bet is usually StubHub, but try Philadelphia Craigslist. Sometimes, last second tickets come up for cheap. They are technically sold out for the rest of the year, with occasional single ticket popping up.

Depending how much you want to pay, I always like sitting behind the benches, so my own preference there. The Phanatic walks all over, but he'll be on 1st base dugout side for the 7th or so as he does a skit there.

A cool spot, if you can get them is, 101. It's right/center with both bullpens to your right.

If you want behind the plate, save the $ and sit in the 300s as I think it's just as good bang for your buck. They (resellers) are currently holding peoples hands over flames for the Diamond Club (right behind the plate) seating.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ng_pricing.jsp
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I've been to: the Skydome (before Rogers Centre), Shea, Citi, Citizen's Bank, Nationals, both Yankee Stadiums, Dolphins Stadium (before they changed), Various Spring Training games and Various Minor League games.

Forgot to add, Fenway as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    When are you going to Philly? My buddies and I are doing a BB roadtrip: Phila 8/8, Baltimore 8/9, and DC 8/10. I've only been to Baltimore before.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    wow you have a nice baseball weekend planned. nationals stadium is really nice i went there about three weeks ago. i am going probably a week from saturday which is 8/7 i believe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Best bet is usually StubHub, but try Philadelphia Craigslist. Sometimes, last second tickets come up for cheap. They are technically sold out for the rest of the year, with occasional single ticket popping up.

Depending how much you want to pay, I always like sitting behind the benches, so my own preference there. The Phanatic walks all over, but he'll be on 1st base dugout side for the 7th or so as he does a skit there.

A cool spot, if you can get them is, 101. It's right/center with both bullpens to your right.

If you want behind the plate, save the $ and sit in the 300s as I think it's just as good bang for your buck. They (resellers) are currently holding peoples hands over flames for the Diamond Club (right behind the plate) seating.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ng_pricing.jsp
    Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I am making another trek to take in another stadium. I am up to eight so far old and new Yankee Stadium, Shea and Citifield, Camden Yards, Nationals Park, Skydome and Fenway Park. This time it is Philly. Does anyone know how to get the cheapest tickets and the best places to sit? I am going to attend the Mets series so I assume it will be SRO. Thanks.
    How did you like the ball park?