Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Arod jerseys worth 20k?

I just noticed that Steiner is selling Arod jerseys for 20k. What are everyone's thoughts? I have never seen an active MLB player's jersey go this high before.

Re: Arod jerseys worth 20k?

There is a simple answer to this "Arod jerseys worth 20k" No Way!!!!!!

Steiner has never tried to sell anything for far more then it's worth. I'd pay $20,000 for it, if he's coming over my house to remodel my kitchen wearing it.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Arod jerseys worth 20k?

To me, no way, but if Favre and Sanchez NFL gamers can go for similar amounts, just remember the words of P.T. Barnum. There's one born every minute.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Steiner has never tried to sell anything for far more then it's worth. I'd pay $20,000 for it, if he's coming over my house to remodel my kitchen wearing it.

- LOL!! LOL!!....

- PLUS the fact that he is an admitted PED user! So why would they sell it for 20K is beyond my RATIONAL thinking....

Banned

I agree especially since baseball players wear so many jerseys (I believe the Yanks switch every home stand and road trip these days) and there is so much Arod stuff on the market and he could play another 6-7 years so there will be alot more. Sanchez was unique because that was only his first jersey, JO sold the rest for much less. Farve I think alot of people thought it was his last year and their last chance to get a Farve jersey of which there are not many legit ones on the market so they paid it.

Am I remembering incorrectly that Arod buys his own jerseys (not the Yankees) and changes them every game to sell? I could have sworn I remember that being in his contract or something. That means steiner would be buying the items from Arod people.

I am not justifying it just trying to figure out why the hell steiner thinks 20,000 for a regular jersey and no milestone attached is acceptable

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Am I remembering incorrectly that Arod buys his own jerseys (not the Yankees) and changes them every game to sell? I could have sworn I remember that being in his contract or something. That means steiner would be buying the items from Arod people.

I am not justifying it just trying to figure out why the hell steiner thinks 20,000 for a regular jersey and no milestone attached is acceptable
    I think after the PEDs Arod stopped hawking his stuff, his image people probably told him to cool that for awhile. I think its from Steiner-Yanks partnership. They (Steiner) will say the milestone is its his 600 homer season (if he ever hits that one homer at this rate who knows). The crazy thing is they have a road one from last year that was used during the season and issued for use in the WS with patch and all for 10 grand. The valuable Yanks jerseys from this year will be the George-Bob patched ones it will be interesting what those go for.

I am not posting to tell you its worth 20K but to provide information that I discovered based on its MLB hologram.

Here is the Steiner Detail for this item on their website.

Product Details: A Yankees-Steiner Letter of Authenticity is included.

That's it. Now press the "Add to Cart" button.

OR

The jersey is MLB authenticated and I verify the date on the MLB database as June 3. On that day, ARod hit his 8th homer of the season and 591th of his career. I pull up the HR video and there is the match on the NY crest. (mind you that HR trots on videos usually are a quick zoom on the player’s front for his reaction and then a zoom out as he rounds the bases) I look back at the same home stand and ARod hit his 20th grand slam on May 31. It allowed him to pass Eddie Murray who had 19 GS and only behind Manny and Gehrig. It also allowed him to pass Frank Robinson on the all-time HR list, placing him 7th overall. I check the NY crest on the video, seems to match. I notice 3 RBIs on May 21 and notice a double. I recalled him hitting a line drive that hit the pitcher so I pull up the video and there is ARod with a concerned look on his face with the same jersey.

Would the same jersey be used in the previous home stand? Maybe. Some expect in the hobby may have told you no but I am taking a look. I check the next homer with a large RBI total. Cool. ARod hit a home run against rival Closer Papelbon in the 9th to tie a game. I do a quick video check on the NY crest -- a match. The first game of the home stand, ARod hit a grand slam. He also passed Mark McGwire on the all-time home run list in that game. Video match again.

So that’s at least two grand slam and 5 total home runs while using this pinstripes. On the conservative side, I am comfortable saying it's a HR jersey from June 3. But for it to be worth over 10K I need way more than that and my preliminarily research looks promising.

Why I am sharing this? Because this jersey is too rich for my blood and maybe a member here would like to investigate more if they were interested in pursuing this. I mean I only did a quick check on the NY crest and that's positively not enough. But when I look at a video quickly and see what I expect to see, it gets more convincing. I did not even bother to look at Getty nor did I bother to look at the previous, previous home stand. You need to check the jersey for points of matching to for all the dates I mentioned. At the least, check points on the crest, seams, buttons, and numbers at this price level. Getty is good for this as photographers zoom in while they round the bases compared to the long view of the television lens.

Just remember to do your due diligence especially at this price level. Verify for yourself what I said above, then do some more research. If you are a good story teller there's some great material for you if it all pans out.

Also remember that Steiner prices are negotiable. We still don’t know the reaction of fans or the media's take on ARod;s movement up the ladder so it will be interesting to see if and when it gets sold and for how much.

At the least, you can use this process in your own research to uncover hidden achievements not mentioned in the product description. I hope this was constructive and useful for someone.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Define "worth"? If I was a millionaire and he wore it in my son or daughter's first game or my dad's last game with me, then hell yeah it's worth it.

If I am buying for monetary value and want to turn it for a profit?

Never gonna happen
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com