Jim Morris-the Rookie-game used uniform..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: October pickups....

Originally posted by solarlottry
    Was the Morris TBTC uniform and GU hat discussed in a thread a few months ago? I think the items were and it was determined that the jersey could not have been worn by him. I saw this item on ebay last week and it had been sold at auction a couple months ago (i cannot remember which auction house sold it). If anyone can shed some light on this jersey or dig up the old thread, that would be great.
    The oriiginal thread is a few threads down on the first page of GU Memorabilia. It is issued, not worn. Sold originally in a Mears auction.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

Re: Jim Morris-the Rookie-game used uniform..

Got the jersey and hat today. They look awesome. I contacted Ebbetts Field Flannel this week to see what they could shed on this jersey. I sent the pictures of the jersey to be examined. EFF indicated that this was definitely their work (they did all the numbers and names also) and they did supply these jerseys to the Devil Rays for the game. Although they would not provide actual order information from the team, they did indicate that they manufacturer the jerseys to order and that the team would have ordered these early (some teams order months in advance). They had made this jersey because Morris was active at the time. Who knows, this could be the last MLB issued jersey to Morris.
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• 33bird
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Glad you got em and liked em and got more info on them. I'm guessing that is definately the last ordered jersey for Jim ever.

Comment

• 33bird
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Also-just to set the record straight-the jersey and hat were sold exactly like the Mears coa stated. If you have a problem with their coa and work then contact them.

Comment

• Rob L
            • Nov 2005

Actually, as soon as I won the lot, I contacted Troy with the additional information regarding Morris' status. Troy will amend the comments section to take into account the information.
            Rob L
            loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by 33bird
              Also-just to set the record straight-the jersey and hat were sold exactly like the Mears coa stated. If you have a problem with their coa and work then contact them.
              So armed with the factual information that this jersey was never within 100 miles of Morris, you still tried to sell it on eBay as "worn in the bullpen?" I realize that MEARS sometimes may make mistakes and I'm sure Troy would have refunded your money as opposed to trying to pass it on to an un-suspecting collector (fortunately, a board member knowing the facts was able to pick it up).

Comment

• 33bird
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Jim bought as JERSEY SHOWS NO USE AND WAS NOT USED IN GAME. Just as stated in Mears coa and description. Jim is very happy with jersey and hat has great use. LOTS of watchdogs on here worried about insignificant stuff as usuall.

Comment

• Rob L
                  • Nov 2005

The LOA has been updated to reflect that it is a game issued jersey. It now reads:

"On May 29, 2000, the Devil Rays wore TBTC uniforms supplied by Ebbets Field Flannels to honor the old St. Pete Saints of the Florida State League. This jersey was issued to Jim Morris for the TBTC game, however, Jim was sent to AAA and placed on the DL on or around May 16, 2000. Jim never played in the majors again. This jersey may be on eof the last issued to Jim Morris in his career. This jersey is a home white with NOB and is a size x-large. This lot comes with a standard Rays hat with his number 63 written in black marker under the bill as made by New Era and is a size 7 1/8. Morris was the second oldest rookie in the major leagues."
                  Rob L
                  loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

Working...