Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Jim Morris-the Rookie-game used uniform..

Glad you got em and liked em and got more info on them. I'm guessing that is definately the last ordered jersey for Jim ever.

Banned

Also-just to set the record straight-the jersey and hat were sold exactly like the Mears coa stated. If you have a problem with their coa and work then contact them.

Actually, as soon as I won the lot, I contacted Troy with the additional information regarding Morris' status. Troy will amend the comments section to take into account the information.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Also-just to set the record straight-the jersey and hat were sold exactly like the Mears coa stated. If you have a problem with their coa and work then contact them.
    So armed with the factual information that this jersey was never within 100 miles of Morris, you still tried to sell it on eBay as "worn in the bullpen?" I realize that MEARS sometimes may make mistakes and I'm sure Troy would have refunded your money as opposed to trying to pass it on to an un-suspecting collector (fortunately, a board member knowing the facts was able to pick it up).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Banned

Jim bought as JERSEY SHOWS NO USE AND WAS NOT USED IN GAME. Just as stated in Mears coa and description. Jim is very happy with jersey and hat has great use. LOTS of watchdogs on here worried about insignificant stuff as usuall.

The LOA has been updated to reflect that it is a game issued jersey. It now reads:

"On May 29, 2000, the Devil Rays wore TBTC uniforms supplied by Ebbets Field Flannels to honor the old St. Pete Saints of the Florida State League. This jersey was issued to Jim Morris for the TBTC game, however, Jim was sent to AAA and placed on the DL on or around May 16, 2000. Jim never played in the majors again. This jersey may be on eof the last issued to Jim Morris in his career. This jersey is a home white with NOB and is a size x-large. This lot comes with a standard Rays hat with his number 63 written in black marker under the bill as made by New Era and is a size 7 1/8. Morris was the second oldest rookie in the major leagues."
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com