Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: August pick ups

Re: August pick ups

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Finally got my white whale, waiting for this to arrive. A 2008 Albert Pujols game used Marucci bat. Has PERFECT characteristics. Light mid-tar from early in 2008, train track seam impressions, clean handle, and the correct knob markings.

did you get this from JT Bats?

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    2009 Game Used/Issued Road Jersey, any help in photo matching with MLB.tv premium users I really could use help from. If you have that please let me know, thanks.

I have to believe that--with those inspected by tags shining in all their glory--this one's never seen the inside of a washing machine. So my guess is that it's never been worn.

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    did you get this from JT Bats?
    No I didn't like that 2010, it was too light in the middle.

I got a 2008 from Tim at www.hofbats.com, by reference from respected forum members who I go to when considering an Albert purchase.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    I have to believe that--with those inspected by tags shining in all their glory--this one's never seen the inside of a washing machine. So my guess is that it's never been worn.
    Thanks Mark, the tags certainly do not look a bit worn out. There is little hope that he did wear it considering it's a set two jersey and he was sent down after just several road games. Would anyone happen to know the amount of jerseys in a set?

There's only one jersey in a set. The idea is that team usually have two or three sets of the uniform. So it's likely that he had one or two other jerseys made for him for that season.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

A few new additions....
    • 2010 (tagged 2009) Adam Everett Jersey with Ernie Harwell Memorial Patch.
    • 2008 game used baseballs from the Team USA vs. Canada Pre-Olympic exhibition.
    • Not game used but cool nonetheless, a Team USA team signed bat from this summer's college national team. I guess we'll wait and see in the next year or two if there was a Harper or Strasburg type player.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

The one jersey in a set isn't actually correct anymore, talking to some of the people that work for the teams I've found out that a player can have more than one set 1 jersey, and in fact on one player in particular the team had almost five set 2 tagged jerseys all road.

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    The one jersey in a set isn't actually correct anymore, talking to some of the people that work for the teams I've found out that a player can have more than one set 1 jersey, and in fact on one player in particular the team had almost five set 2 tagged jerseys all road.
    That's what I figured. This jersey to me seems issued, but there is a small pull on the rear of the jersey fabric and yellow/orange staining on the top of the rear "8".

Wow, that's interesting, I've always though/heard that there was one per set. Seems like it kind of defeats the whole system of organizing by sets!
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Finally got home from the 12 1/2 hour drive to open my boxes.

The USA jersey is covered in dirt and stains.

Also picked up a game issued glove. Signed and dated 1-20-01.

2007 Rawlings batting glove

Game worn signed Memphis hat
    Attached Images Attached Images