Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magglio Ordonez LVS bat - eBay

The seller has already been notified.

The ball marks on the barrel come from minor league baseballs. It's pretty obvious.

Could it be a hand-me-down bat from the minors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

Re: Magglio Ordonez LVS bat - eBay

This bat can actually be legit. Last year the Tigers used Minor League balls in BP most of the season. Most of the balls were International League balls with some other leagues and some MLB balls mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    This bat can actually be legit. Last year the Tigers used Minor League balls in BP most of the season. Most of the balls were International League balls with some other leagues and some MLB balls mixed in.

That would make better sense then. It does look to be one of those international league balls.

I am in amazed at how crisp some of those ink transfers are though.

to add another twist to this....I have 2 mlb authenticated game balls from last season at comerica park....both are minor league balls.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

It's weird how the MiLB logo was hit perfectly to imprint onto the bat 3 times in the same area. I've never seen that before

tigerdale - were they actually used in the game? or just game ready balls?

The hologram numbers on the baseballs are LH299471 & LH299474....I
    Hologram number LH299474 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
    Session Product Description:
    Session Name: CWS AT DET
    Session Date: April 15, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: CHICAGO @ DETROIT
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

The only reason I can see why the ink transferred so well is the different hide used on MiLB balls vs. the MLB ones. The Minor League balls are softer and probably allow for the ink to transfer more. That is probably why the logos look darker too because more ink absorbs into the hide. Not to get too scientific.
    Tigerdale- those are cool collectibles to have, I wonder if they made it into a game. It is hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten noticed because the stitches are bigger on top of the hide being different.

either way something bad happened...they same game used baseballs for the authentication...so its stating they were used. Now if the authenticater just pulled some baseballs out of the bucket to authenticate...that goes against everything the MLB program stands for...it destroys all of the programs credibility...at least the one in Detroit where this happened...So I'm hoping they were actually used........
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Upon looking at them a little further the stitching doesn't look too much thicker than most MiLB balls I have seen. These balls slipping into game play wouldn't be the weirdest thing I have ever seen happen. As for the MLB authentication program, I love it, but I have a 2008 Yankees Final Season game used ball that is authenticated as such, but it is also authenticated as being signed by Derek Jeter. I am actually still waiting on the signature.