Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Buster Posey bat - Nice Find

I bought a Buster Posey bat on ebay last night and before making my bid, I did a bit of research and here is what I found.

The seller told me the bat was aquired during the series with the Brewers in early July (5th - 8th). I started to try and photomatch the bat with game film from mlb.com. No luck from the game on the 5th or 6th, but I struck gold with the final two games of the series where Buster hit his first grand slam and two other home runs. I believe these would be his 4th, 5th (1st grand slam) and 6th homers of his career.

These first two pics are from the seller. Notice the black X mark at the top of the barrel, also the two ball marks above the lettering and toward the Powerized.

The next set of pics I took from the games off MLB.com and you'll notice the same markings. The first pic is from 7/8. The other pics are from 7/7. There is one ball mark missing from the 7/7 pics, but the black X and other ball mark is still there. I assume the other ball mark came from the game on 7/8. If it wasn't for the black X this would a been a lot tougher to match.

The last pic is from AP and you can see the black X mark at the top of the bat plus the pine tar.

I was so excited about this and couldn't wait to share with the group.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: Buster Posey bat - Nice Find

Ouch, that went for a small fortune. Very nice pickup, CONGRATS! That guy had some stellar bats and I hope he puts up more.

and this is why I need to get MLB.tv

As a Giants fan I am dying a little inside right now...
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

i thought you're done shopping for photomatches.

j/k. nice bat and explains why this bat went for so much. maybe the second highest bidder had the same info.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Great pickup & goodluck with it. I was after that bat also but didnt know it had a photo match. Just out of curiosity did you use that sniping software to get your bid in .?? I have never tried it but have always been curious about it LMk when you have time. Thank you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i thought you're done shopping for photomatches.

j/k. nice bat and explains why this bat went for so much. maybe the second highest bidder had the same info.

I know...I guess it's a disease. Now I'll have to explian this to my wife.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rjdgonebats View Post
    Great pickup & goodluck with it. I was after that bat also but didnt know it had a photo match. Just out of curiosity did you use that sniping software to get your bid in .?? I have never tried it but have always been curious about it LMk when you have time. Thank you

I used my Iphone, but I've never heard of sniping software. I bid with about 40 seconds left (my bid was really high).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Now I'll have to explian this to my wife.
    You don't have a side door and the secret Ebay credit card? LOL

Nice Bat but it did go for more then what I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    I bought a Buster Posey bat on ebay last night and before making my bid, I did a bit of research and here is what I found.

The seller told me the bat was aquired during the series with the Brewers in early July (5th - 8th). I started to try and photomatch the bat with game film from mlb.com. No luck from the game on the 5th or 6th, but I struck gold with the final two games of the series where Buster hit his first grand slam and two other home runs. I believe these would be his 4th, 5th (1st grand slam) and 6th homers of his career.

These first two pics are from the seller. Notice the black X mark at the top of the barrel, also the two ball marks above the lettering and toward the Powerized.

The next set of pics I took from the games off MLB.com and you'll notice the same markings. The first pic is from 7/8. The other pics are from 7/7. There is one ball mark missing from the 7/7 pics, but the black X and other ball mark is still there. I assume the other ball mark came from the game on 7/8. If it wasn't for the black X this would a been a lot tougher to match.

The last pic is from AP and you can see the black X mark at the top of the bat plus the pine tar.

I was so excited about this and couldn't wait to share with the group.
    Pretty cool. I just noticed that Posey's 21 game hitting streak started on July 4 so this bat was used during the streak.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.