Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Arod hits number 600

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I was reading an old post on intentional abandonment of the baseball once it goes into the stands. So if the baseball goes anywhere else, such as the bullpen or in this case Monument Park. If it goes into the bullpen, its not property of the catcher or pitcher who got the ball.

Just some hypothetical scenarios i was curious about. If anyone has an opinion, please share.

A) say the security guard retrieves the baseball in Monument Park and tosses the baseball into the stands, who would own the baseball?

B) say the baseball goes into the net in Monument Park but it is close enough for Kyle, who is in the stands, to use a contraption to scoop up the baseball before the Security can get to it, who would own the baseball?

C) say a fan tosses the baseball back onto the field where the right fielder retrieves it, who owns the baseball?

D) if a security guard catches it in the stands, who owns the baseball?
    A) Fan has to give it back it was not the secruity guard's property so he cannot abandon it.

B) Fan can't keep it the ball was in an area not open to fans to get it the fan tresspassed even though he used a contraption.

C) Fan owned it by throwing it back abandoned it. Right fielder has to give it to the team, since it was caught in the course of performing his job.

D) Again caught while performing his job, can't keep it.

DON'T YOU MEAN A- ROD HIT 446? THAT'S MY COUNT.
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool:

Nationals 2K9, Since no one follows every player around 24/7 I guess we can never "know" any player didn't use steroids in the same way we can't "know" our friends and spouses aren't murders or trial molesters. When there is no evidence our friends are criminals we don't sit around wondering if maybe they are. Why not take the attitude players are innocent unless proved guilty. And while you SAY you are not accusing anyone of using drugs you then talk about Pujols "hiding under the bed "afraid of being discovered using drugs which is of course making an accusation he is drug user, if not directly then by innuendo. (And actually its pretty direct.)

I was at every game after 599 at the stadium and in left field they would not allow people to walk down the isles of the sections durring alex's AB's it was crazy. I cant believe all arod gave the security guard was a signed bat. I thought he would have at least gotten the bat he used for the hr as most players would rather have the ball. But just a normal signed bat? wow alex thats a new low. I mean his 500th sold for 100k + and all he got was a crummy bat? Heres the real kicker, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE BEFORE 13ALEXRODRIGUEZ ON EBAY HAS THE BALL AND BAT FOR SALE? not long.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    I was at every game after 599 at the stadium and in left field they would not allow people to walk down the isles of the sections durring alex's AB's it was crazy. I cant believe all arod gave the security guard was a signed bat. I thought he would have at least gotten the bat he used for the hr as most players would rather have the ball. But just a normal signed bat? wow alex thats a new low. I mean his 500th sold for 100k + and all he got was a crummy bat? Heres the real kicker, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE BEFORE 13ALEXRODRIGUEZ ON EBAY HAS THE BALL AND BAT FOR SALE? not long.
    The autographed bat is still linked to the 600 HR event so its not the same as all other autographed non game used bats. It has a great story. I was reading that Steiner said that the bat would have a value of $5000 but who knows really. Remember the last legitimate ARod HR bats sold on the open market were from the 2008 season. Nothing from 2009 or 2010. I hope Alex Rodriguez just keeps the bat and the baseball for himself.

When is the last time any players gave up his HR bat for the homerun baseball? Bummer as legaleagle92481 argues, there's no situation where an employed security guard can keep the baseball. What should happen is that Yankee policy should say something about getting some type of reward while retreiving the baseball while on duty. Hmmm. So if he was on a scheduled smoke break and so happened the baseball is caught by him, not in the net or nothing, would he be allowed to keep the baseball?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

What is a Yankee security guard's annual salary? Jobs are scarce these days, but making a grown man with frosted tips get teary eyed is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    What is a Yankee security guard's annual salary? Jobs are scarce these days, but making a grown man with frosted tips get teary eyed is priceless.
    what are frosted tips?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post

LMAO!!!!!!!

If ARod had given the worker whose job it was to return the ball to him nothing he would be criticized. When he gives him an autographed bat he gets criticized. And if he had given him a car some one would complain it wasn't a better one. What did Aaron give the player on his team in the bullpen who caught his 715th home run ball? I bet he didn't give his team mate anything special and yet he doesn't get criticized. And I have never heard of a player giving the bat that hit a milestonne home run to the fan who got the ball. As I remember ARod did not sell his 500 home run bat. I be he either keeps the bat and ball for himself or they wind up in the HOF.

Banned

My two cents is an unused bat is too little. Yes the guy had no right to the ball but he could have snuck it out the stadium and blackmarket sold it. He could have told them he could not find it. He vwas honest. He deserves a signed gu jersey. Not from the 600 game but from another game and dinner with him and cameron in new york city. a signed bat is not much of a thought but a car is a bit much. my idea wouldnt really have cost arod much and it would have given the guy an experience to treasure for life and an item he could make a few bucks off of if he so chose.