Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The National Show

Quote Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
    Greg - there was some great 60s and 70s Reds game used equipment there. i will post photos tomorrow.

Andrew -- I think I may have talked to you Wednesday night without knowing it was you. I was at John Taube's booth with Dave Bushing and we were talking to a man in a black shirt who was holding Strasberg's bat over by the computer, and discussing what a terrible hitter and even a terrible bunter Strasburg is.
    If that was you -- hello!

Greg
    Yep, that was me at John's computer with Strasburg's bat! Small world!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Does anyone who went to the National know if there was any 49ers game used there? if so i would gladly pay a nice finders fee for any information or for the purchase of game used jerseys. Please let me know if anyone can help me out.

Thanks
    Paul

garciajones@yahoo.com

One of the vendors I recall had a few 49ers jerseys prices seemed a little high and it was of no real big names..

Also there has been like 5 or 6 people saying they will pay finders fees to people who are going to the show. I would like to point out earlier in the week I had a post telling people to email me what they were looking for and with their phone numbers and I would be happy to help out and only like 3 of you took me up on that offer!

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    now everyone has me curious. if anyone happens to pass by it again, take a shot of Taube's ARod display to share here.

thanks
    I didn't bring a camera the other day, but hopefully someone can take some photos.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I didn't bring a camera the other day, but hopefully someone can take some photos.
    hopefully. I found a video of John Taube at the video at the show and it showed some cases in the back but didn't see the ARod case. He was showing a cool Roy Campanella bat from the year the Giant won the Pennant.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

hopefully. I found a video of John Taube at the video at the show and it showed some cases in the back but didn't see the ARod case. He was showing a cool Roy Campanella bat from the year the Giant won the Pennant.

Joel

the arods were at the bottom of the closet glass case to where JT sits.
    Where did you see the video of the campy bat?

Quote Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
    Joel

the arods were at the bottom of the closet glass case to where JT sits.
    Where did you see the video of the campy bat?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4376355 at the minute mark

If someone can get a shot of the ARod bats that would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Does anyone who went to the National know if there was any 49ers game used there? if so i would gladly pay a nice finders fee for any information or for the purchase of game used jerseys. Please let me know if anyone can help me out.

Thanks
    Paul

garciajones@yahoo.com
    The only dealer there with 49ers jerseys that I noticed was one of the two big game used jersey displays, which were for Hartel Sports and gamewornuniforms.com. So you could find the 49ers shirts they have likely on their web site. From what I could tell, there were not any big names.

As for the show itself, from what I've heard from others before I went was in complete contradiction to what I saw. There were a lot of card and memorabilia dealers, but there were also a good number of dealers with game used items. The thing is you just need to know where to look and what to look for when going to these shows otherwise it can be extremely overwhelming. (I honestly don't know how card collectors can do this is show in all of the days the show lasts.) Overall though it seemed like a great show for game used items. I ended up bringing back a pretty big haul of game used items, and the dealers were willing to work with you on Friday, something that doesn't normally happen until Sunday when they have to worry about hauling everything back.

Anyways another year, a great show and a bunch of great items. Here's what I took back from the show:

Jordan Staal Pittsburgh Penguins Blue Alternate Jersey
    Carlos Lee Home Run Derby Warmup Jersey
    Krivda Baltimore Orioles Road Jersey
    Fernandez Baltimore Orioles Alternate Jersey
    Johns Baltimore Orioles Road Jersey
    Miller Baltimore Orioles Road Jersey x2
    Ryan Zimmerman Louisville Slugger Bats x2
    Adam Dunn Louisville Slugger Bats x2
    Ivan Rodriguez Louisville Slugger Bats x2
    Nyger Morgan Louisville Slugger Bat
    Willie Harris Louisville Slugger Bat
    Matt Morse Louisville Slugger Bat
    Jim Edmonds Glomar Bat
    Carlos Lee Rawlings Bat
    Dave Winfield Adirondack Bat

Like I said a great show and a great haul. It was nice talking to all of the members I spoke to at the show and some that I probably spoke to without knowing.

-Andrew

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4376355 at the minute mark

If someone can get a shot of the ARod bats that would be appreciated.
    That video is from 2009.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This has been a pretty good show overall, and while I've mostly picked up cards and a few signed photos, I've also picked up the following:

Greg Norton game worn Rockies cap, and my favorite item I've picked up:

Carlos Rogers game worn Redskins jersey circa 2008 (COA JO Sports - got this at a VERY affordable price)
    Attached Images Attached Images