Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees506
    • Apr 2010

Re: The National Show

[quote=shafrancollectibles.com;212103]Just returned to NY from Baltimore. Only came away with Alfredo Aceves and Mike Harkey 2009 Yankees World Series game used jerseys and a Robinson Cano 2007 Game Used home run bat. quote]

I was offered this bat from steiner for $1000. Did steiner have a booth there or did someone sell you the bat? Im asking because i wanted the bat and steiner wouldnt take less for the bat and i see your selling it for less on ebay. thanks

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by yankees506
      I was offered this bat from steiner for $1000. Did steiner have a booth there or did someone sell you the bat? Im asking because i wanted the bat and steiner wouldnt take less for the bat and i see your selling it for less on ebay. thanks
      This bat didn't come from Steiner. Cano signed several HR bats from 2006 and 2007 and Steiner is selling some but they are not the original source for the bats. That said, they did have a nice booth set up and I was glad to buy the WS jerseys after seeing them in person.

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Geoff, Orioles, and RJBB it was a pleasure meeting you guys and anyone else me and TnT met. I apologize if I left anyones name out just afer a while you get overwhelmed and walking around all day you get tired and everything becomes one big blur.

But I enjoyed the show as there was a bit more game used items than I expected especially the seller with the game used bats.

Tnt and I also went to an Orioles game and had seats right behind the dug out that was a blast.

Comment

• yankees506
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by shafrancollectibles.com
          This bat didn't come from Steiner. Cano signed several HR bats from 2006 and 2007 and Steiner is selling some but they are not the original source for the bats. That said, they did have a nice booth set up and I was glad to buy the WS jerseys after seeing them in person.

I know im not mistaken that steiner offered me this exact bat, just a little upset that they wouldnt budge on the price for me. But i guess you lose some and you win some

Comment

• jobathenut
            • Nov 2008

You guys did realize there were a few players signing autographs there don't you? I know this is a game used forum.But not one mention of the players signing.Did none of you get autographs from the players that were there? Me and my brother especially back in the day when were big into the card thing always had a dream to to the national show.With him being abig card guy and me being a big autograph guy,it would be a dream trip for sure.But they never come close to minnesota or to minnesota for matter.I wonder why.But anyway,just dissapointed to read this thread and find out nothing about really what its like to be at the show.

Comment

• murfsteve25
              • Oct 2008

were there any David Justice gu items there?
              Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• capitalssticks
                • May 2009

Originally posted by jobathenut
                You guys did realize there were a few players signing autographs there don't you? I know this is a game used forum.But not one mention of the players signing.Did none of you get autographs from the players that were there? Me and my brother especially back in the day when were big into the card thing always had a dream to to the national show.With him being abig card guy and me being a big autograph guy,it would be a dream trip for sure.But they never come close to minnesota or to minnesota for matter.I wonder why.But anyway,just dissapointed to read this thread and find out nothing about really what its like to be at the show.
                yes there was, and paying $800 to have willie mays sign a bat doesnt seem like a very good deal

Comment

• BU54CB
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jobathenut
                  The National comes to Chicago next year, the drive down from MN can't be that bad, that's probably your best opportunity to get to the National.

Comment

• 34swtns
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by capitalssticks
                    yes there was, and paying $800 to have willie mays sign a bat doesnt seem like a very good deal
                    Please tell me that was a joke.
                    'Cuz if it isn't.......it still is.

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

I would also like to add.

I had a chance to meet Danny Esken whos knowledge on Game Used Gloves will baffle you. He was amazing and I was in awe of his knowledge.

Very funny guy, he is a bit of a live wire but it was defintely a pleasure meeting him.

As far as the Autographs.
                      I must say I was dissapointed as I am of the autograph lineup from every year at the national.
                      There is no one major or new Star that your local autograph signing doesn't get.
                      I am expecting this to be the "National" the biggest names in autograph signings should be there.
                      Yeah you have Willie Mays but he has been in the NY area for signings before.
                      Yeah you have Randy Johnson but he has been around before.
                      I would like to see them get a dozen of current superstars or superstars that are not around much.

So personally imo there was no real autograph signer to really report.

Comment

• capitalssticks
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                        Please tell me that was a joke.
                        'Cuz if it isn't.......it still is.
                        not a joke but for you poor folk you could have him sign a ball for the low low price of $399

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by suave1477

I had a chance to meet Danny Esken whos knowledge on Game Used Gloves will baffle you. He was amazing and I was in awe of his knowledge.

Very funny guy, he is a bit of a live wire but it was defintely a pleasure meeting him.

I must say I was dissapointed as I am of the autograph lineup from every year at the national.
                          There is no one major or new Star that your local autograph signing doesn't get.
                          I am expecting this to be the "National" the biggest names in autograph signings should be there.
                          I would like to see them get a dozen of current superstars or superstars that are not around much.

They need to get Steiner involved for that to change. Tristar recycles guests at all their shows. Steiner is able to bring Arod to a Long Island mall next week on a Thursday. For the National, imagine what they could do.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by capitalssticks
                            not a joke but for you poor folk you could have him sign a ball for the low low price of $399
                            Well at least he throws in the surly attitude for free.

Comment

• DonFan23
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by suave1477

Jason,

I didn't get down there until Sat - sorry I missed Nick & yourself. Did meet up with Reid & Andrew on Saturday - two great guys.

I struck out on game used (not much in my niche that was in my budget), but picked up some great vintage memorabilia.

I see where you'e coming from on signers, but as far as "current superstars" - with baseball, you're limited to who's in town (in this case the O's, ChiSox & Angels) since you're in mid-season, plus football is already in camp. Hockey & hoops are other stories, but I think they don't typically draw in the same way that the baseball and football players do at this type of show.

R.J.
                              R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Comment

• LA_1968
                                • Dec 2009

I was there too. Actually, my wife and I made a long trip to see it since I'm a relatively new collector of GU jerseys and I wanted to see some stuff up close to get a feel. Tons of cards, pictures, knickknacks, but I only saw one booth with a ton of GU jerseys which was "game used uniforms". Funny about them... they have a ton of nobody players in the rack and then boom you find something good right in the middle and the tag says $5000. I would have thought they'd have those separated. Bernard at Homeplate Heroes was very nice and helpful. Nice quality displays. The hanging ones are neat so you can see both sides of the jersey if you have a house or bar with that kind of room. But... what's the best show for game used jerseys? I hope this wasn't it. Thanks, Charles

Comment

Working...