Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mookie Wilson game 6 bat

Back in 2006 I reported on the forum that I had the opportunity to ask Mookie Wilson whatever happened to the orange ring Rawlings Adirondack bat he used to hit the Buckner ball in game 6 of the 86 World Series. Mookie told me he still had the bat. So when a fellow collector show me this bat I was stunned.

Though there are many ways to interpret the inscription there's no way around the fact that it's implying that this was the bat that Mookie used to hit the Buckner ball. One can only imagine why Mookie would inscibe this bat, an 80-83 William "Mookie" Wilson S44 signature model with lite to no use, in such a manner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Mookie Wilson game 6 bat

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Back in 2006 I reported on the forum that I had the opportunity to ask Mookie Wilson whatever happened to the orange ring Rawlings Adirondack bat he used to hit the Buckner ball in game 6 of the 86 World Series. Mookie told me he still had the bat. So when a fellow collector show me this bat I was stunned.

Though there are many ways to interpret the inscription there's no way around the fact that it's implying that this was the bat that Mookie used to hit the Buckner ball. One can only imagine why Mookie would inscibe this bat, an 80-83 William "Mookie" Wilson S44 signature model with lite to no use, in such a manner.
    I guess the first question you ask is when did this collector acquire the bat. It should be in the last 4 years.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Second, does the collectors bat look like this
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

It sounds ridiculous but the inscription, "this was the bat" already makes me think that there is a good chance that it was not the bat. Though that's just me and if I saw that right off the bat I'm raising eyebrows regarding it's authenticity.

Banned

Adirondack bat-not a LS-did the Sox and Buckner in....

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Adirondack bat-not a LS-did the Sox and Buckner in....
    exactly right!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

These special orange ring post season Rawlings Adirondacks were produced for the 86 Mets. Mookie was certainly using his to hit the Buckner ball.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    These special orange ring post season Rawlings Adirondacks were produced for the 86 Mets. Mookie was certainly using his to hit the Buckner ball.
    Yeah those look like the orange ring on the printscreens i took from a youtube video.

The more I look at the inscription, it looks like the signature and 1986 World Series looks like it was written at the same time. And the Game 6 and This was the bat was added later. Does this part look darker? Who is to say this was added by someone else later. What does the original COA say?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com