Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

An eBay Auction Open to One Bidder Only?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Private-auction-...QQcmdZViewItem

What kind of funkymonk-ey business is this?

(Anybody here wanna sign in as funkymonkey926 and grab it?)

Re: An eBay Auction Open to One Bidder Only?!

Ryan,

There are auctions on eBay pretty regularly that are set up with restricted bidder lists. Although I will agree with you that you don't often see one set up like this. I guess they wanted to be able to leave each other feedback for the transaction.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

My guess is that they struck up a deal offline, but the buyer wanted to go through ebay to give himself extra protection. However, it seems the seller wanted to get out of paying the ebay fees on it based on the $1.00 item price and teh $209 shipping price.

Quote Originally Posted by kjjavic
    My guess is that they struck up a deal offline, but the buyer wanted to go through ebay to give himself extra protection. However, it seems the seller wanted to get out of paying the ebay fees on it based on the $1.00 item price and teh $209 shipping price.
    Yes and yes. Solid points.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I have set up auctions for one bidder only in the past, and have often thought that--should I ever decide to liquidate my collection, I'd set my prices up exactly like that guy did--low selling cost and monster shipping fee.
    Now, why anybody would pay that much for an "authentic" Kasmir is open to question, but there you go...

Mark Sutton
    bigtime39@aol.com