Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2009 Evan Longoria Batting Helmet Photomatch Help - Think i got a few matches

Can you guys give me some feedback on these assumptions. This helmet is absolutely pounded. The inside cushion's are curling up, tons of scratches, pine tar all over. The MLB authentication sticker says it was aquired Oct. 4, 2009 against the yankees, pretty cool because he homered in that game as well. I don't know many helmets players use during a season, but i am guessing that this was his main if not his only helmet he used last season.
    Surprisingly of course i can not find pictures from oct 4, 2009. But there is no way this thing was used for 1 game.

There is white peice of what appears to be maybe rubber stuck on onto pine tar on the right side of the helmet. It is on one of the air slits on the side.

It also has the distinct spot of wear on the front brim that i think is a match .

ANy input is greatly appreciated.

Re: 2009 Evan Longoria Batting Helmet Photomatch Help - Think i got a few matches

Can you shoot me an email at gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Thanks

Re: 2009 Evan Longoria Batting Helmet Photomatch Help - Think i got a few matches

I talked to a rep who deals with MVP autographs who is conducting Longoria's signing in tampa in 2 weeks, he has been dealing with evan longorias game used equipment since 2008, he said he would be shocked if Evan used more then 1 helmet in a season. Given the date the helmet was authenticated by MLB - Oct. 4, 2009 aka the Last regular season game for the Rays and since they didn't make the playoffs this was Longoria's last game he played in that year. And considering the amount of use, i think this helmet saw the majority if not the entire 2009 season. My friend who is going to the signing at the end of august is going to ask evan how many helmets he used during 09.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Match?

Absolutely

That is one nice helmet.