Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Derek Jeter bat on eBay

Seem like a good deal. Anybody looking to pick one of these up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-GAME...#ht_500wt_1154

Re: Derek Jeter bat on eBay

Does Steiner Sports sell Jeter bats without a Hologram sticker?

Some items come with a letter from Jeter himself and are sold through Steiner. Iv'e talked to them a few times about this to make sure I'm getting the real deal. If it doesn't have the hologram, it should contain a personal letter from Jeter.

Not an expert on bats but it looks like a batting practice bat with the all the tape residue on it. The bat also looks like is flaking ? bad... another indication of a bat thats been used a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawknet View Post
    Not an expert on bats but it looks like a batting practice bat with the all the tape residue on it. The bat also looks like is flaking ? bad... another indication of a bat thats been used a ton.
    I dont see any tape residue, looks like leather scuff marks from Jeter fouling off a fastball. I would call Steiner and ask them about Jeter bats sold in the past without holograms.

I'm not seeing tape residue either, just the leather from baseballs contacting the bat and transfering.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    I'm not seeing tape residue either, just the leather from baseballs contacting the bat and transfering.
    Definitely baseball marks, not tape. I have some bats with these exact same kind of 'spongey' white marks that I know are from baseballs.

Banned

My personal opinion the bat is fine. Yes someone could switch the LOA but if they did they would render the bat it came with worthless. Not all Steiner Jeter equipment has Steiner holograms as well. The marks are ball marks. It is a great price because of the handle. Alot of buyers expect perfection from GU bats which I always found weird since by their nature they are abused and ones in "perfect" shape were not used much.

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post
    Definitely baseball marks, not tape. I have some bats with these exact same kind of 'spongey' white marks that I know are from baseballs.
    Yep I have a couple photomatched gamers with the same thing. You can actually see the texture of the leather that transfered, thats why it has that look. Maybe we should post our photos to show ballhawk and then we can split that 100 bet 50/50

Id bet 100 bucks its tape

It looks to coarse to be ball transfer.

I could be wrong

Not at all trying to question the bat or be negative about it , it just looked all to familiar to me from all the tape Ive taking off my bats over the years .