Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Favorite Game Used Item You Own

There's a lot of them that tie for second but probably first would be a Joe Torre Adirondack from Mets years, hammered with use, handle grooved and uncracked that he signed for me. He said he would "knurl" the handles on the bats he liked best and wondered how this one got away from him without being cracked. At first he gave me a funny accusational type look, like he was accusing me of thievery. Then he chuckled a little and signed it. It was a good experience though. Not like the bad one I had with Nettles.

my rocco Baldelli tampa tarpons 6/24/06 game used jersey, photo matched with the dvd of the game, how many baseball jerseys can you legitmately say were worn when a particular player had a triple in the game used jersey?

Also, for football, my Randall McDaniel 2001 pro bowl (after 00 season) game used jersey, obtained directly from his agent.

Banned

[quote=Yankwood;29302]There's a lot of them that tie for second but probably first would be a Joe Torre Adirondack from Mets years, hammered with use, handle grooved and uncracked that he signed for me. He said he would "knurl" the handles on the bats he liked best and wondered how this one got away from him without being cracked. At first he gave me a funny accusational type look, like he was accusing me of thievery. Then he chuckled a little and signed it. It was a good experience though. Not like the bad one I had with Nettles.[/quote]

Can you elaborate on the Nettles story?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    [quote=Yankwood;29302]There's a lot of them that tie for second but probably first would be a Joe Torre Adirondack from Mets years, hammered with use, handle grooved and uncracked that he signed for me. He said he would "knurl" the handles on the bats he liked best and wondered how this one got away from him without being cracked. At first he gave me a funny accusational type look, like he was accusing me of thievery. Then he chuckled a little and signed it. It was a good experience though. Not like the bad one I had with Nettles.
    Can you elaborate on the Nettles story?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net[/quote]I put a well used and VERY cracked bat in front of Nettles at a signing around 1990 or so and Mr. Nettles proceded to ask me, paraphrasing of course, "Where the F did you get this from?" I told him I got it from a friend of mine who lived in Detroit. He then said, "Yeah?, and where the F did he steal it from?". I told him he didn't have to sign it if it was that big of a deal. Besides it was a little uncomfortable having him using the language he used in front of little kids who were in line. He signed it with "attitude" but at that point I really didn't care if he did or not.

I have 2 favorite items in my collection:

One is a Home Run ball hit by Barry Bonds in his days with the Pirates.

The other is a baseball hit by Roberto Clemente in 1966.

Here are a couple of my favorite bats that I own:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What is Your Favorite item

I saw this post in the autograph side of the forum and figured it would be a good thread what is your one favorite game used item. Mine would have to be my Jim Thome signed game used bp bat given to me by Jim early this season
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What is Your Favorite item

surprised no replies to this it is a good thread on the auto side of the forum

Hey Ken....Where did you meet Thome to get the bat autographed?

I like how he tapes it!

Mike

on the field at the jacobs field during bp traded him a 16x20 i took of him and charlie manuel together for it worked for me