Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Josh Hamilton used bat MLB hologram question?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Josh had an rbi in the game but it was on a groundout, in the sixth inning he did get a single with nobody on base.

Here is what I know about the bat so far, it was not used his first at bat but has a chance to have been used after that.

Hamilton used the bat shown in the gettyimages photo (bp picture) for his first at bat in the game.
    I checked the box score quick my main point was bats used in the all star game are not specially marked to indicate such. You will not find a bat engraved 2009 all star game made for the player's use in the game. Alot of times it would be impossible to do so as guys are named to the team sometimes just a day or two before the game which would give them almost no time to manufacture and ship him specially engraved bats. Obviously it was not used the whole game but the description corresponding to the MLB hologram is usually absent very rare occassions correct so I am confidant it was used at some point therein. It is a very cool, rare and valuable item for a new collector this guy did well for himself, when was the last time you saw an mlb authenticated all star game bat of a superstar on the market, let alone being sold at the stadium?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    That sounds like a decent deal for you Ranger, an all star game bat is cool but I would personally prefer one used in a game that counted toward the standings. Getting an uncracked Hamilton gamer and some other Rangers items would definately boost your collection. I would give that some
    serious consideration
    It is much rarer and more valuable imo. You can get a gamer used in random game any day of week but find another all star bat. Josh probably kept most of his as I would imagine most guys would.

Banned

Rangersfan, did you get Josh to sign it like you said you might? If I were you I would wait until he does a sit down signing and go to it with the bat and a printout from the MLB database showing that it is from the ASG and a photo or two if someone finds you some that match and ask him to sign it with inscription ASG used 2009. It would be interesting how he would react to seeing the bat.

First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.
    Thanks for showing that, I posted photos showing his bat and the difference of grain but now my post is deleted?!

Banned

Well the bat is splintered along the handle a little. But not even enough to cause it to break if swung. So I figured it wasn't used long in the all star game until it broke.

Thanks for showing that, I posted photos showing his bat and the difference of grain but now my post is deleted?!
    Can you please check your PM. Many thanks.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Can you please check your PM. Many thanks.
    I have not used the pm's on here before, I click on my messages and see nothing there....should I be looking somehere else? Thanks for the help.

I have not used the pm's on here before, I click on my messages and see nothing there....should I be looking somehere else? Thanks for the help.

Shoot me an email....

Nathanieldevlin at yahoo.com

STLHAMMER, oK check your email instead.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.