Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Josh Hamilton used bat MLB hologram question?

I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!

Re: Josh Hamilton used bat MLB hologram question?

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan1214 View Post
    I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!
    The way the description reads would lead you to believe that. Post pics of it and we can find out for sure. What type of bat is it?

Banned

Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.

Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.
    He used a LVS in the game so we'll see if its the one when you can get pics posted!

Banned

Be home in about 20 minutes. Will post photos then. Thanks!!

Banned

Your bat was used in the all star game. Josh had an RBI single. Bats are not marked allstar game or playoffs or what not the player just uses one of his bats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Josh had an rbi in the game but it was on a groundout, in the sixth inning he did get a single with nobody on base.

Here is what I know about the bat so far, it was not used his first at bat but has a chance to have been used after that.

Hamilton used the bat shown in the gettyimages photo (bp picture) for his first at bat in the game.
    I checked the box score quick my main point was bats used in the all star game are not specially marked to indicate such. You will not find a bat engraved 2009 all star game made for the player's use in the game. Alot of times it would be impossible to do so as guys are named to the team sometimes just a day or two before the game which would give them almost no time to manufacture and ship him specially engraved bats. Obviously it was not used the whole game but the description corresponding to the MLB hologram is usually absent very rare occassions correct so I am confidant it was used at some point therein. It is a very cool, rare and valuable item for a new collector this guy did well for himself, when was the last time you saw an mlb authenticated all star game bat of a superstar on the market, let alone being sold at the stadium?

If I could get your email I could email them to you. Thanks!
    I dont care too much if you send out my photos, but if you could crop out the person holding the bat, including their name tag. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks...

here is one of the photos of the bat showing the grain.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Thanks STLHammer. And the bat is cupped on the end in case wondering.