Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Here

Hybrid View

Re: New Here

Ive purchased from Kruk before....cards in the past, and in the last couple of years, probably a couple dozen bats or so and a few jerseys. I've never had an issue with them as long as you do your own homework. If you do that most of the time, it becomes fairly easy...

Banned

Lightbulb Re: New Here

Steve:

Email me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com. I have an idea to help you.

Dave Miedema

Just to put it out there... I've dealt with Kruk numerous times and have never had less than perfect service or subpar quality. It's a good place to deal with.

Steve, I just finished looking through the Cardinals jerseys you have listed on eBay. Here's some information that should help you out:
    • Your '78 Buddy Schultz road jersey is a minor league jersey that wasn't worn by Schultz. The back number is set high and there's no NOB -- that's what's differentiates minor league shirts from major league jerseys. A more accurate description would be "Cardinals '78 minor league road jersey signed by Garry Templeton."
    • Your '88 Lee Tunnell jersey is one of two things: game issued or spring training. Lee last played for the Cards in '87 and missed the '88 season, spending it in AAA. They obviously made a jersey for him in '88... either worn in spring training or ready in case he was called up. Considering they typically wore recycled shirts in the spring, I'd assume the latter.
    • The 2000 Medina jersey was likely worn by Rafael Medina, a non-roster invitee to spring training in 2001.
    • The 2002 Garrick jersey was worn in spring training by Matt Garrick.
    • The 2005 Alberto Guerrero jersey actually was worn by Wilton Guerrero in spring training.
    • The 2005 Mercado jersey was worn by Hector Mercado, again in spring training.
    • The Carmen Cali jersey is probably a 2006 spring training jersey. The Cardinals don't put year flags in spring training jerseys. His 2005 regular season shirts likely had year flags.
    • The 2006 Tony Cruz jersey actually was worn by Deivi Cruz in spring training.
    • Finally, the Nick Stocks jersey is a mystery. Nick was in the Cards organization, but Matt Morris wore #35 every season Nick was here. Can't quite figure out how Nick ended up with a #35 jersey. Whatever the case, Nick never made the show with St. Louis, so it's also a spring jersey.
    Hope this helps.