Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Here are the ebay auction screenshots, and the transaction timeline:

1) June 07, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector) buys the Ichiro signed bat from ebay seller (ebay id: 13alexrodriguez) for $866.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220615048505

2) June 27, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector) posts the same Ichiro signed bat on ebay for $2,499.00. The auction ends without any bidders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170504800901

3) June 30, 2010: I inquire about the bat with Mr. Joshua Hanson by directly emailing him at [ichiro151@live.com].

4) July 2, 2010: We agreed on $1,425.00 via Western Union Money Transfer.

5) July 3, 2010: I sent $1,425.00 via Western Union Money Transfer to Mr. Joshua Hanson. Here are the Western Union recipient details:

Safeway - Western Union
    c/o Joshua D Hanson
    200 South 3rd Street
    Renton, WA 98057-2031
    (425) 255-4151
    (253)677-2445
    Birthdate: 12/01/1980
    Email: ichiro151@live.com

6) July 18, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson reveals that he returned to the original buyer. He was indeed telling the truth, because I found the bat relisted by ebay seller (ebay id: 13alexrodriguez) and sold on ebay on July 12, 2010 for $361.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICHIRO-SUZUKI-SI...item335eb61f0f

7) August 15, 2010 (present): No Ichiro PSA/DNA signed bat received from Mr. Joshua Hanson.
    The last email from Mr. Joshua Hanson was July 18, 2010.
    I have emailed him directly at [ichiro151@live.com],
    I have emailed him via ebay at [ebay id: ichiro51collector],
    and I tried calling him directly at [(253)677-2445].

He never replied to my emails, nor answered my calls.
    I have never heard from him again.

I would like to ask for the help of the Game Used Universe authorities and community.
    Since I am currently in the Philippines, it will be great if anyone can help report Mr. Joshua Hanson to the Renton WA authorities.
    I can send scans of the Western Union money transfer receipts, and all of my email correspondence with Mr. Joshua Hanson regarding this deal.

I do not want to lose my money to fraud.

Thank you very much for reading this very long post;
    Thank you in advance for eberyone's time and help.

Thank you very much,
    Alex (alex.macainag at gmail dot com)

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

You are better off directly contacting the Renton police department yourself. Third party reports do not get much attention. The police wants to talk to the person filing the complaint.

Renton Police Department -
    1055 South Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057 -
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Just curious, is there some reason you didn't use paypal. They off pretty good protection for both buyer and seller.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Joel, thanks for the suggestion.

Spartakid, to close the deal, he wanted an immediate payment. Since I did not have funds in my credit card for Paypal at the time, I offered to pay via Western Union. I was ok with a money transfer because I thought he was an honest seller.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by al3xmac10 View Post
    Joel, thanks for the suggestion.

Spartakid, to close the deal, he wanted an immediate payment. Since I did not have funds in my credit card for Paypal at the time, I offered to pay via Western Union. I was ok with a money transfer because I thought he was an honest seller.
    Western Union is the easiest way to get scammed. If you are going to buy online especially internationally. Use a credit card through paypal. Not a debit card either, a credit card. I don't get how you say you had no funds in your credit card. If it was because your card would have been maxed out by the transaction why not just pay the money down on the card, it takes a second to do. If you had to go to someplace to Western Union it anyway thats not an immediate payment. I don't know what is going on here but it does not seem as black and white as you are making it.

Paypal is always the way to go, as simple as that. Especially for a transaction that deals with that much cash.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Like legaleagle said, use a credit card. Or as Sparta said, paypal. Ebay 101 teaches you to absolutely, positively, under no circumstance, do you use western union.