Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Your best bet is to hire a lawyer who practices in Washington State to file a small claims court lawsuit. Yes it will cost you some money but it is a simple case so it won't cost you all that much. You likely won't get your legal fees back but chalk it up as a lesson in if something sounds true good to be true it probably is. $1,425 is crazy cheap for a real Ichiro gamer, esp. one that is autographed. You can find the lawyer by googling Bar Associations near Renton Washington. Give one close to there a call and they will refer you to someone free of charge. The authorities will do nothing over $1,425, most of the time or if they do it will take forever for them to act sports memorabilia fraud is not a huge concern of theirs unless it is on a very, very large scale.

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

not sure if it helps any but your guy has been scamming folks for years on ebay. i got taken by him a few years back but have lost all the contact info i had for him. here are 2 other ebay account names he used in the past.
    JOSHHANSON51
    PETEB1105

not sure what his name really is. josh hanson or PETE BURGESS. you might want to try and track down the BURGESS name as well.

i imagine his current ebay name will not last long as he has a habit of getting banned from ebay. he'll pop up again and it will never be hard to find him since he sells almost exclusively only ichiro items and most of them are really expensive rare stuff.
    sorry i couldn't give you any more info.

He is selling another one right now.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

I don't buy it that the Washington police do not investigate these types of cases or that the $$ amount being only $1400 is too small. I was ripped off on an overstock auction for $500 years back and the CA. police dept assigned a detective to the case who I email and spoke to directly.

I sent all the evidence and was told they would investigate but was also told these types of cases were hard to solve.

At the very least you should be able to file a police report for record.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

November 3, 2010: eBay user [ichiro51collector] is back posting items on eBay.
    I sent him the email below, hopefully he can respond and we can resolve this issue. I will inform everyone of updates, thank you.

[Josh, this is Alex. I have not heard from you since July 18, 2010. At the time, you said that [You will receive your bat shortly.]. But it has not arrived yet. Where is my [Ichiro 2004 game-used auto bat w/ PSA/DNA coa]? Please send via USPS Priority Mail w/ tracking number immediately to: [(address)]. Please let me know the tracking number after shipping.

If you do now want to ship the bat, then just return my money via $1,425.00 Postal Money Order to the address above. Please, please reply to confirm; I do not want to lose my money. I hope you understand, thank you.
    ]

Banned

Here is one of his current Ichiro auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170561108764

Banned

Angry Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I don't buy it that the Washington police do not investigate these types of cases or that the $$ amount being only $1400 is too small. I was ripped off on an overstock auction for $500 years back and the CA. police dept assigned a detective to the case who I email and spoke to directly.

I sent all the evidence and was told they would investigate but was also told these types of cases were hard to solve.

At the very least you should be able to file a police report for record.
    Unfortunately, police forces giving the short shrift to claims of memorabilia theft and related issues is not limited to Washington state.

In 1999, when I was ill for most of the summer, a Chicago ballhawk of the era (John Witt) stayed at my residence to help out during the summer. After he left, we realized that he stole about 8 or 9 jerseys, a bat, and some baseballs from my collection. We reported the theft to Berwyn police, and the detective who took the report did so with an attitude that made it clear he thought it was a waste of time. He left the Berwyn force within a year, and nobody else pursued the case. As a result, when fellow Ballhawks spotted him working in Port Charlotte FL (when the Rangers trained there), I went to the police force and was told that they couldn't do anything because no extradition order was ever placed on Witt. Over the years he has pretty much paid me off, but there are others (my wife and a Riverside IL collector) who haven't seen squat.

Bottom line...law enforcement incompetence led to my wife and a collector friend, between them, being out over $1,000 and letting him walk when they could have grabbed him.

I hope this case with the Ichro seller ends up with a better result than my dealings with Witt did.

Dave Miedema

The best recommendation that I can give you is to file a civil law suit against the seller. It's very difficult to prove this case as being criminal, despite the evidence as shown. To prove Theft by False Pretenses you first need to show that the seller had no intention of shipping or possession of the item in question and made the sale with the intent of keeping the money and not shipping the item. It's much easier to sue him civily by taking all of the correspondants from your email and ebay to show that an agreement was made (cash for the bat), the cash payement was completed and the bat was never shipped. It should be a very easy case to win in civil court. Keep in mind, a police report is nothing more then a piece of paper to show that an incident occurred. It will NOT get your money returned unless it's proven that a crime occurred, a suspect is detained and the court rules that he has to pay for the item as well as possible probation or jail time if he is found guilty. Your best bet is civil court.

I can tell you if this was me, I would spend the couple of hundred on a plane ticket and show up on his door step and see what he does then.

I like Rose's plan...