Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Quote Originally Posted by d4347 View Post
    The best recommendation that I can give you is to file a civil law suit against the seller. It's very difficult to prove this case as being criminal, despite the evidence as shown. To prove Theft by False Pretenses you first need to show that the seller had no intention of shipping or possession of the item in question and made the sale with the intent of keeping the money and not shipping the item. It's much easier to sue him civily by taking all of the correspondants from your email and ebay to show that an agreement was made (cash for the bat), the cash payement was completed and the bat was never shipped. It should be a very easy case to win in civil court. Keep in mind, a police report is nothing more then a piece of paper to show that an incident occurred. It will NOT get your money returned unless it's proven that a crime occurred, a suspect is detained and the court rules that he has to pay for the item as well as possible probation or jail time if he is found guilty. Your best bet is civil court.
    My two cents either go to his door step or take the loss. You can try getting the cops involved they will do nada on something like this 99% of the time. You can try the lawsuit but good luck collecting, the guy is probably as we lawyers say "judgement proof" and you will have to pay legal fees.

Banned

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    My two cents either go to his door step or take the loss. You can try getting the cops involved they will do nada on something like this 99% of the time. You can try the lawsuit but good luck collecting, the guy is probably as we lawyers say "judgement proof" and you will have to pay legal fees.
    I forgot to say also there is an old expression that I think applies here "don't throw good money after bad."

I hate the, "I'm going out of town" excuse.I used to get that a lot from Mikita Sports on braun stuff. I would buy all kinds of Braund items from him and a lot of the time the cert. or holo would be missing. Then after a second email he would use the "i had a car accident" or "I just had a baby" excuse. One of the main reasons i don't do any buisness with him anymore.

well he wouldn't be hard to meet in person, I asked him if he allows for local pick up and this was his reply:

Dear nickcecilia,

I would be OK with local pick up; I'd actually prefer it as I wouldn't have to worry about the post office damaging the bat (I would also prefer cash on a local pick up). These are extremely rare; especially a 2009, due the significance of Ichiro's 2009 season. I wish you the best. There are a lot of watchers...
    If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to write. I will get back to you as promptly as possible.

Josh

- ichiro51collector

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    My two cents either go to his door step or take the loss.
    BINGO!

Guys like this that rip people off on ebay, 9 times out of 10 will curl up like a school girl and pee their pants when you show up at the door.
    Gary
    gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars