Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: MLB Playoff Predictions

Big Strike to my prior prediction but not that we actually earned those wins either.
    I still don't think we are going to get past the Rangers or Rays but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Big Strike to my prior prediction but not that we actually earned those wins either.
    I still don't think we are going to get past the Rangers or Rays but we will see.
    You must be a new Yankee fan

Keep the faith...they always find a way!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Banned

Been a Yankee fan for many many years.

I am just realistic, if we win great. But if the other teams are playing to there full potential I don't see it happening.

Been a Yankee fan for many many years.

I am just realistic, if we win great. But if the other teams are playing to there full potential I don't see it happening.
    I was just kidding. I know you're a big Yankee fan.

I understand your concerns. I'm also on the edge, where I'm not as confident as we move on. However, I'm bleed Yankee blue and white, and will continue to be optomistic.

Go Yankees!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays.
    I second this. As the playoffs have unfolded it is clear neither team is as well rounded as the Yanks. The Rangers have a top heavy lineup and rotation and other than Feliz not much in the pen. Plus they don't handle success well. The Rays have little starting pitching beyond Price that is reliable or consistent and even Price stunk in Game 1 and the lineup also lacks consistency and is prone to extended funks. The Yanks have a solid lenup 1-9, the best top three of the three teams, a solid pen and a dynamic closer. Neither of these teams is beating them four times. Phils-Yanks would be a classic world series two stacked teams going at it. I really hope it happens. Giants-Yanks or Phils-Rays, Phils-Rangers or Giants-Rays or Giants-Rangers just would not measure up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I second this. As the playoffs have unfolded it is clear neither team is as well rounded as the Yanks. The Rangers have a top heavy lineup and rotation and other than Feliz not much in the pen. Plus they don't handle success well. The Rays have little starting pitching beyond Price that is reliable or consistent and even Price stunk in Game 1 and the lineup also lacks consistency and is prone to extended funks. The Yanks have a solid lenup 1-9, the best top three of the three teams, a solid pen and a dynamic closer. Neither of these teams is beating them four times. Phils-Yanks would be a classic world series two stacked teams going at it. I really hope it happens. Giants-Yanks or Phils-Rays, Phils-Rangers or Giants-Rays or Giants-Rangers just would not measure up.
    I couldnt disagree more.
    Solid line up 1 through 9 - Not really
    Who has been solid? They all have been completely inconsistant - Tex is starting to come back around but who knows what might happen. Granderson seems to have found his stroke. But everyone else has been iffy.
    Jeter has slumped all season, Posada has slumped alls season.
    A solid pen - not really we have consistant guys but you cant use them for every game
    Dynamic closer - who has been shaky lately blowing saves
    Oh and no teams beating us 4 games? Thats what they said about the Red Sox

I couldnt disagree more.
    Solid line up 1 through 9 - Not really
    Who has been solid? They all have been completely inconsistant - Tex is starting to come back around but who knows what might happen. Granderson seems to have found his stroke. But everyone else has been iffy.
    Jeter has slumped all season, Posada has slumped alls season.
    A solid pen - not really we have consistant guys but you cant use them for every game
    Dynamic closer - who has been shaky lately blowing saves
    Oh and no teams beating us 4 games? Thats what they said about the Red Sox
    Are you sure you're a Yankee fan? Sound more like a Red Sox fan (Yankee hater). Just kidding. I think the Yankees will do ok.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviving this thread for one reason only...

I went through all the posts and these are the ONLY people with a dog still in this race from their predictions, etc.

LeagleEagle - Chose TEX for AL, but unfortunately disqualified himself with a later post when he said it would be a rematch of 2009 meaning he changed to NYY.

SlamBam - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

Rdeversole - Chose TEX for AL, but NOT for WS Champs.

Xpress34 - Chose TEX for AL and for WS Champs.

Lehmsbobby - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

NO ONE else actually made a full out prediction - just threw comments around including my boy Fnazxc who didn't want to 'jinx' the Rangers.

That said, the last three standing are:

Slambam and Lehmsbobby going for SF GIANTS.

Xpress34 going for TX RANGERS.

May the best team win!!!

- Smitty

The pen had one bad outing but shut down the yankees from there on out. I still dont want to make a prediction for fear of jinxing my team lol
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington