Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by mskwarek View Post
    We recently completed our basement project, and I followed Rob's lead with the slatwall display case... I'm very happy with it.

Here are a couple of pictures from the project... now the fun begins of hanging up the collection throughout the basement. From start to finish, it took 3 months of off and on work to complete.
    Looks amazing! Great job with the basement I really like the slat wall, are you using led lighting or normal halogen? does it get hot in those cases?

Thanks for all of the kind words on our basement and the displays. I've received a number of questions on the glass in the display cases, so I figured that I would post a reply to the board for others that are wondering the same thing.

I decided to go with 6 separate pieces of plexi glass instead of convention glass. They slide next to each other on each given side on tracks provided by the glass company. There were a couple of reasons that I went with the plexi over the glass: (a) Cost. Glass would have been ~$1,500 plus the track costs. Plexi was ~$250. (b) Weight. The glass would have been WAY heavier and could have bowed the case over time. (c) Safety. With three little kids I was not going to risk the glass falling and shattering on them.

-Mike

^Thanks for the info, is there any glare through the plexi? And how about the lighting how and what did you use? Looks Great!

Quote Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
    ^Thanks for the info, is there any glare through the plexi? And how about the lighting how and what did you use? Looks Great!
    There is a total of 9 low voltage puck lights in the case (available at any hardware store or Amazon). It does not get too warm in the case with the lights on, and I really do not see a glare with the plexi. Word of warning, make sure that the puck lights are securely fashioned as you don't need that extremely hot bulb falling on one of your items in the case.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Geoff -

Glad you like it!!!

Davis -

I know all about AZ - my family is all in Tucson and Surprise now... hell, a house with a basement there would be worth the extra digging cost due to it remaining cool all the time... the issue would be keeping it waterproofed from when the rain finally starts to soak into the soil (after all the washes have overflowed!) and then it soaks in quick and fast!

Glad you liked the room!

- Chris
    Cris, contact me when you get a chance... Bob
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I added doors to my room, lighting and rearranged.

I enjoyed looking at everyones displays.

Roger

That George Jersey is sweet. Would love to have that one.

Scott

Here is a shot of my room. It has been undergoing some changes recently. I am running out room for stuff and wnat to maximize the sapce as best as I can. My focus is The Ohio State Buckeyes and the New York Yankees, my two favorite teams. The Lemieux jersey is a gamer, photomatched to the picture hanging to it's right.

I also collect hockey gamers and have a closet full of them.

Enjoy.

Scott

Sorry Pics below.

IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0603.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0607.jpg[/IMG]

2 that didn't make the last post, How do you edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser110 View Post
    2 that didn't make the last post, How do you edit?

The display case that depicts the hockey jersey with football helmet on bottom; where did you buy it and how much was it?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com