Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posada 1997 bat

Re: Posada 1997 bat

Lets make this clear. I am not questioning the authenticity of this item .i am just looking for clarification of facts. Here is the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200196804667

Banned

I believe this bat was brought up in another thread recently.

Personally everything looks good on it except for the #15 Posada never wore #15, also this bat would be considered his rookie bat which is from 97 he came up in late 95 and played in 96, I would much more prefer a bat from then but thats just me, also if you follow the other threads about players using other players bats a lot of players use Posadas bats because they feel he gets the best wood.

I checked, very strange no one wore #15 in 95,96,97, or 98.

Wonder where the #15 comes from????

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post

Personally everything looks good on it except for the #15 Posada never wore #15, also this bat would be considered his rookie bat which is from 97 he came up in late 95 and played in 96, I would much more prefer a bat from then but thats just me, also if you follow the other threads about players using other players bats a lot of players use Posadas bats because they feel he gets the best wood.

Thurman Munson

Mattingly had a habit of labeling his bats with the numbers of Yankees HOFS so that they wouldnt get stolen by folks looking to grab a #23. Its quite possible that a young catcher like Posada chose the late Yankee legends number either for the same reason or to honor TM.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post

Seriously? Another catcher wore 15...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

What do you guys think about the price range. i just had a deal for a auto posada gamer but it feel threw, so i was looking at this bat. i was looking to give up a couple bats and some cash for the other...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Thurman Munson

Mattingly had a habit of labeling his bats with the numbers of Yankees HOFS so that they wouldnt get stolen by folks looking to grab a #23. Its quite possible that a young catcher like Posada chose the late Yankee legends number either for the same reason or to honor TM.

Vintage as you could be right that is still a far stretch.

Jetersbatboy I personally think the price on it is set a way big high.
    If your gonna trade some bats plus money for the Posada, I would say it all depends what bats your going to give the seller and how much after that your gonna give in cash.
    I would have to check our stock but we are selling a Game Used Posada with Steiner loa for half the price he has listed.
    Again why would you if you dont mind me asking pay top dollar or even trade your quality game used bats for a very questionable Posada (referring to the #15 on the knobs)???
    There are so many Posadas floating around out there why not wait for a better Posada that shows his definite Characteristics and with no questions about it??

Perhaps BMH could ask Posada. I think they speak to each other once in a while.

Just found this on jorgeposada.com

looks like a black Marucchi?