Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Houston Astros Collections

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1994 View Post
    It is my understanding that the first year the Astros wore the St. Patrick's Day jersey there was not a number on the back. It just said Happy St. Patrick's Day on the back.
    Hey...thanks for the info. This is widely unknown information and I appreciate it. Now, the big question is what was the first year the Astros wore St. Patrick's Day jerseys? It was my original understanding that 1980 was the year. Assuming that is correct, my original thought that my jersey was from 1982 gains more credibility.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Since im the son of the former owner of the JR jersey i thought i add my 2 cents. My best guess is that its from 80 or 82 I have seen the JR, a Bill Virdon and several others they were discovered in the dome several years after the Astros moved. They all are identical so that leaves 83 out of the picture as Virdon was gone at the end of the 82 season. I have also seen one of the mentioned green jerseys with just Happy St. Patrick's Day on the back but it was a size small so maybe a Bat Boy? just a guess and i happy to see that the JR found a great home
    Mike Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    1988 Nolan Ryan GU Road Jersey and Pants

Wow! I would give my whole collection for a Ryan gamer! Haha! Very nice jersey

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    Wow! I would give my whole collection for a Ryan gamer! Haha! Very nice jersey
    Email direct - jssage24@yahoo.com
    Jerry

All have LOAs from the Astros

ttt.

Let's see all your Astros gear.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

For those people trying to get in touch with Mike Acosta with Astros Authentics he is really backed up these days. He added director of retail operations to his plate this season. Also as I found out tonight at the game he is also the back up Public Address Announcer for the Astros as well. He did all the PA work at the game tonight in place of Bob Ford. He told me he is working to get back with everyone who has contacted him about items. He has one of his guys that works for him helping him out. Be patient and he will get back to you. Mike is one of the hardest working people I know. He wears many hats with the Astros.

Picked this up from the Astros Authentics last night. Team issued Jackie Robinson Day jersey and a Sandy Hook Memorial patch. From the tagging in neck the jersey it looks that this jersey was originally for Pitcher #50 Josh Fields but was/is currently on the 15 day DL. Jersey is authenticated as Team Issued. The Sandy Hook patch I also got is just a patch with stick on the back to adhere to the jersey. BTW I like the new tagging Majestic is putting on 2013 jerseys. Has the player #, size, and year.

I just started a Astro collection this month. They be no names, but I like the jerseys. I got 6 jerseys & 1 pair of Alamo cream pants. The 1st jersey is a 92 Cooper Alamo cream. I have 2 of those. I only showed 1 Cooper since both are the same.

Please excuse my poor English. I should have reviewed it before I sent it.