X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cigarman44
    • Aug 2007

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

My ever changing corner...

Very interested in a Natural Rawlings Ankiel from this year if anyone wants to rid themself of one or an actual road/home Jersey

Still waiting on my 2008 Spring Training Jersey
    Attached Files

Comment

• thomecollector
      • May 2006

Cigarman44,
      Where did you pick up the jersey case? Lmk. Thanks,Roger
      Roger Ward- Thomecollector
      thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• cigarman44
        • Aug 2007

I got it at Hobby Lobby. They are 130.00, but every other week they are half off it seems. Got it for about 70 with tax. It just has a cusion back that comes off. Looks like it is made to tack the jersey to that board. Obviously I didnt want to put holes in the jersey. I went to wal mart andgot a small screw in hook (.74 cents) hand screwed it to the top and just folded over a hanger and hung it on that.

They also have smaller ones (22X28) I believe for 100.00 or 50.00 on sale.

The one I got is 33X40

Comment

• AWA85
          • Jan 2008

Hobby Lobby does seem to have a half off sale every time I am in there. Store in my town has been out of those cases for awhile but I may have to keep checking after seeing how yours turned out. Very nice display!
          Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

I came across this renovation. This guy took his 1 car garage and made it into an above ground MAN CAVE which is very cool and themed it for the Florida Gators!

Click image for larger version

Name:	front-lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	647503

Name:	backlg.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	647504

Name:	Garage.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	647505
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
              I came across this renovation. This guy took his 1 car garage and made it into an above ground MAN CAVE which is very cool and themed it for the Florida Gators!
              I wanted to attach part of his story:

The renovation included custom woodwork and shelves for the homeowner to spotlight and safely stow his Hall of Fame–worthy collection. Among the goods in the 13-by-22-foot room are jerseys signed by Heisman trophy winners Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow; replica Heisman statuettes; real championship rings, and replica trophies from Florida’s conference and national titles in football and basketball; game-worn cleats and gloves of Emmitt Smith, Jevon Kearse and Chris Leak; a football from the 2007 BCS championship game between Florida and Ohio State; and a piece of the court on which the Gators basket ball team won the 2007 NCAA crown.

The prized coup—a Dallas Cowboys helmet worn by Smith during the game in which he broke Walter Payton’s career rushing record—stemmed from the homeowner’s interest in electronics. He and Smith had crossed paths at Florida and struck up a friendship when the homeowner impressed the future NFL star with a decked-out van (it included a whopping 56-speaker system) he entered in car stereo competitions.

“Emmitt wore a different helmet in each quarter of the game where he broke the record. He broke it in the third quarter, and everything from that run went to the Hall of Fame. For the other three helmets, supposedly one is in [Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones’ house, one is in Emmitt’s house, and the other is in mine.”
              Regards,
              Andrew Lang
              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
              202-716-8500

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
                • Mar 2006

In some recent correspondence with another forum member, we were talking about bat displays. I had taken some pictures to share with him some things I had done in my gu room in our basement. Sorry for the poor quality. I have trouble with picture clarity in low lighting situations. Anyway, since I had these handy, I thought that I would post them here.

John
                Attached Files

Comment

• JETEFAN
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mwbosoxfan
                  In some recent correspondence with another forum member, we were talking about bat displays. I had taken some pictures to share with him some things I had done in my gu room in our basement. Sorry for the poor quality. I have trouble with picture clarity in low lighting situations. Anyway, since I had these handy, I thought that I would post them here.

John
                  John,

Great displays !! The only thing that would make it better is if it was all Yankees stuff..

Congrats,

George

Comment

• AWA85
                    • Jan 2008

John, your room/areas look great! Very well done.
                    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• FastLane80
                      • Aug 2008

You need more bats

Seriously though, nice room! One day, I'll have my room...one day

Comment

• mattsr
                        • Nov 2008

i must say that i have never come across more impressive collections. everyone has amazing this and i cant wait to finish my "man cave." you guys have giving me plenty of ideas. thanks for showing off you items.

Comment

• NegleyPirate
                          • Nov 2005

John
                          John,
                          the room looks super!!! Any extra Manny bats for trade?
                          Mike
                          Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
                          http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
                            • Mar 2006

Thanks AWA85, Fastlane, and mattsr for commenting. When I'm home, I spend a lot of time down there. The nice thing is the room is very functional and whole family hangs out there, too. Fastlane, when my wife says, "you need more bats," her sarcasm is a little more pointed than yours! Actually, my wife and kids take a pretty a good interest in my hobby and my wife may be more of a hardcore Sox fan than I am.

Originally posted by JETEFAN
                            John,

Great displays !! The only thing that would make it better is if it was all Yankees stuff..

Congrats,

George
                            George, I am working on a display that includes some Yankee stuff. It includes a piece from Yankee Stadium from a certain playoff series in 2004 and some NY newspaper articles from said series. Probably not what you had in mind! Thanks for your comments.

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by NegleyPirate
                              John,
                              the room looks super!!! Any extra Manny bats for trade?
                              Mike
                              Mike, thanks for your post. Sorry, no Manny bats to trade at the moment. Although Manny isn't with my team anymore, he's probably the most pure hitter I've had the opportunity to watch in my lifetime. As far as Manny being Manny, I've got mixed emotions that pretty much run the full gamut, but this isn't the place to go into it. Anyway, Manny will continue to be a part of my Red Sox collection for a very long time. Thanks again.

John

Comment

• skyking26
                                • Dec 2005

John
                                Awesome room. I enjoy seeing what others have done for ideas. I built my room years ago and it has undergone a facelift of late as I have been off for months awaiting surgery that will take place on Thursday. I have the exact same pool table, but it has been in our storage room for years as wife thinks kids will trash my room. It'll make it in there one day!
                                ROBERT KOPPEL
                                Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                                and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...