X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaseyk85
    • Nov 2008

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Originally posted by RKGIBSON
    Everything is game used except the framed NFL players, Montana, Namath, Unitas and Bo.

Roger
    If your ever intrested in selling any of you bears item let me know.

Comment

• Canseco44
      • Dec 2006

Awesome room, you have done a great job with everything. Who is the kid in the picture with the #42 jersey on. That reminds me of my childhood sports pics. Is that a pic mounted to wood?

Todd
      Todd Ricks
      www.freewebs.com/canseco44
      Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
      Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• Canseco44
        • Dec 2006

Also, where did you get the mannequin stands that the Young, Montana, and James jerseys are mounted on?

Todd
        Todd Ricks
        www.freewebs.com/canseco44
        Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
        Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Comment

• RKGIBSON
          • Mar 2006

Thanks for all the nice words. I enjoy my collection as it gets my mind off everyday stuff.

The stands, photo attached, were in a Eddie Bauer store that went out of business here. I like them as they are easy to deal with and can be sit about anywhere without being in the way.

Roger
          irestorecars@sbcglobal.net
          Attached Files

Comment

• RKGIBSON
            • Mar 2006

#42 is my son in his first year of football, 4th grade. He is a senior at Mizzou now getting ready to enter med school. So much for my game used collecting. It is a photo that was glued on a piece of masonite cut to the shape of the image.

Roger

Comment

• grenda12
              • Oct 2008

Re: Let's see some display room pics

My displays in the game room...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Capital-Sports
                • Jan 2009

wow looking at all these rooms......i cant wait to buy my first house......of course in many many years from now....

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2005

I know its messy but it's my room and I like it. The other walls display my Eagles and Red Sox collections. Since I'm retired, I guess you can now call it my office.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ultimetfan
                    • Feb 2007

Hi Everyone,

Great thread, Everybody has some great rooms!

Mine is a work in progress, someday I'll get around to posting some pics.

Best,
                    Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as from members of the 2000 Mets

Attached Files
                    Best,
                    Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS GAME USED CATCHER ITEMS, and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as Tim Burke's Mets GU items

email me at : jjburkeesq@aol.com

Comment

• ultimetfan
                      • Feb 2007

I meant good pics!!!! These are lousy and old. The room looks much better now, but I can't figure out how to upload the digital camera pics at the right size.

Oh, well. You'll all have to come over!!!

Best,
                      Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as from members of the 2000 Mets

Best,
                      Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS GAME USED CATCHER ITEMS, and bats from: Bruce Berenyl, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell as well as Tim Burke's Mets GU items

email me at : jjburkeesq@aol.com

Comment

• cjw
                        • Oct 2006

Thanks for posting all the great images everyone. Great looking displays......they have inspired me.

Not the best pics unfort., but finally was able to display some of my older 1900's-era gloves and a 19th century bat. Paired them with original baseball photos and period cards.

Found inexpensive shadow-box frames with magnetic lids at "Winners/Homesense (might be a Canadian-only chain?). They flip open fron the front and allow for easy access and quick changes of items on display.

Next room on the list will have some 1980's/'90's game used Blue Jays items. chris
                        Attached Files
                        WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• xpress34
                          • Sep 2008

Okay guys... I decided to revive a few of these 'Man Cave' / 'Trophy Room' / 'Home Museum' forums since I recently updated my Man Cave...

I used the ideas of some others and purchased 4 of the 5-Shelf Black Bookcases from Wally World (Wal-Mart) for $30 ea and 2 of the short 3-Shelf Black Bookcases for $20 ea and used my existing Mannequin Collection and other cases to create a more uniform and 'flowing' feel to my 'Personal Museum'...

1st, I had to remove my Nolan Ryan Jerseys from these frames and moved the frames to my Loft / Office to show off the Modano jerseys:

Now, the Basement itself... 1st the WIDE Angle views:

And NOW, a little more 'detailed' Case by Case (Narrow View) of the basement...

FIRST - The Vintage Nokona Catcher's Gear w/ Vintage Wilson Cleats on a Vintage Kansas City Transit Railways Company Team Uniform with Actual KCTRR Lantern and my Timex 'Rounder' Electric display case...

Next stop... Matt Holliday 'Mounted Memories' Jersey w/ 'The Slide' inscription topped by Matt's GU 2007 WS Hat (Auto & Inscribed) w/ his original Oil Painting for his 2005 Diamond Kings Card on Top... next to it is my Luis Gonzalez Collection...

Next Stop - Cooperstown and the Ryan Express... My 1993 Ryan Jersey and Hat (Authentics) - Auto'd - with the Bronze Casting of Ryan's hand on top of the case...

More Ryan - BP Jersey (ST Gamer from his time as a Special Assistant??? It is a SIZED - 50 - Majestic)...

Next up, my new 'baby' (THANKS ANDREW LANG!!!) - my GU 2006 Matt Holliday All-Star Jersey (Matt auto'd and inscribed it for me when the Cards were here) and my Pujols Authentic BP Jersey topped with a GU/AU Pujols hat from 2001 w/ ROY inscription!!!

My two wooden showcase with my Pujols stuff - including a REAL (ca 2002) Pujols ROY inscribed ball - not the BS that Steiner or whoever is NOW doing with him, my "Roy Hobbs' (The Natural) stuff and my Mantle AU Hat, AU Ball, 53 Bowman Color, etc...

My card showcase with my 2000 Revolution Game Ball Set (I need Eric Milton still - ANYONE???), My Jennie Finch and Summer Sanders AU Patch cards, my Sweet Spot 'Announcers' Set (Berman, Cohn, Gammons, Patrick and Stuart) and my 2004 Leaf Limited Cuts set...

My 'small Oakley case w/ more Ryan stuff and Jeter display on top and my other eyeglass display case w/ baseball pumpkin on top and displaying Ripken and Williams balls, Jackie Robinson 53 Topps and my 1970 NL All Star Team signed ball...

My BIG Oakley case containing way more stuff than I care to list here, but highlighted by these pieces: 1994 GU and AU Sparky Anderson cap, Tom Selleck AU hat (Movie used in Mr Baseball), 1927 OAL Ball, Clark Griffith AU ball, etc...

2000 Rick Croushore GU Rockies jersey topped off by Goose Gossage GU and AU Rockies hat from his time here as a Special Assistant/Roving Instructor...

Finally, a wide shot of ALL of the Bookcases (jerseys on the floor are waiting to for new hanging rack) and include GU and AU Authentics...

Hope you all enjoy!!!

- Chris

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by xpress34
                            Hope you all enjoy!!!

- Chris
                            Chris

thats an amazing collection you got there. Wish I had as large of a mancave as you have. I like the Natural hat, the sculture Ryan hand, and the All Star Holliday jersey the most.

Regards

Joel
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com
                            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• xpress34
                              • Sep 2008

Joel -

Glad you like it... as far as the size, the basement is unfinished currently , so it appears that I have more space than I do...

When the wife and I went house hunting years back, I said I had TWO requirements - a 2 car garage that we can actually park our cars in (we live in Colorado - snow, winters, sleet, etc...) and either an extra bedroom, or basement where I could put all of my stuff...

- Chris

Comment

• geoff
                                • Nov 2005

Very Nice Basement Man Room.When I get a House I want Something just like that.

Comment

Working...