Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strasburg Hype Over?

Looks like nobody showed up to the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Strasburg Hype Over?

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Looks like nobody showed up to the game.
    Looks like Strasburg is pretty upset by it too.

Dang that was fast.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

It was raining most of the weekend and recorded attendance was over 21,000 but most didn't stay long when the rain drops started.

This kid has been under the microscope and has performed at an admirable level for a 21 year old kid.

Cut him some slack.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    It was raining most of the weekend and recorded attendance was over 21,000 but most didn't stay long when the rain drops started.

This kid has been under the microscope and has performed at an admirable level for a 21 year old kid.

Cut him some slack.
    I was totally joking, I was watching the game and couldn't resist. I'm a big fan of Strasburg and enjoy watching him pitch. He's been great considering the pressure and I know he will continue to shine.

It is all ESPN east coast hype. He's not the only guy in the league at his age who can hit a 100 on the gun. Hope he has a good career, but no matter what he does it wont live up to what he was hyped up to be. Unless of course he gets 300 wins 3000 k's and wins a WS or two.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    It is all ESPN east coast hype. He's not the only guy in the league at his age who can hit a 100 on the gun. Hope he has a good career, but no matter what he does it wont live up to what he was hyped up to be. Unless of course he gets 300 wins 3000 k's and wins a WS or two.
    Yes!!!! Neftali Feliz is having an incredible season and probably has locked down ROY and where's his hype? Those are the guys I like, no one covers them, no one credits them, and when the day is done they are better than the hyped up guys.

Banned

Smile Re: Strasburg Hype Over?

Never mind the ESPN poster boy...how about Cubs SS Starlin Castro? He's about 10-12 plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title in the NL and he has a BA that would make him an instant title contender once those few trips to the plate are made up. He's a legit batting title and NL ROY hopeful.

Dave Miedema

I wasnt going to bring up Nef, out of fear of sounding like a rangers homer. Tanner Scheppers also hit 100 several times in the futures game. One of the reasons im not impressed with strassburg is because of those two guys. if neftali played for the yankees or redsox he would be plastered front and center on ESPN every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Yes!!!! Neftali Feliz is having an incredible season and probably has locked down ROY and where's his hype? Those are the guys I like, no one covers them, no one credits them, and when the day is done they are better than the hyped up guys.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Never mind the ESPN poster boy...how about Cubs SS Starlin Castro? He's about 10-12 plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title in the NL and he has a BA that would make him an instant title contender once those few trips to the plate are made up. He's a legit batting title and NL ROY hopeful.

Dave Miedema
    He is Hanley Ramirez caliber good, but not as much power. Considering his age, the season is having is incredible. I think though when it's all said and done Posey will have the higher BA and wind up the ROY. If it's Heyward, then both have been robbed.