Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Josh Hamilton HOF chances?

Hamilton is tearing everyone up this season and on his way to the AL MVP probably but he's already 30 and only had 2 good career years and probably not be able to last much longer so that kind of dampens his HOF chances. What do you all think about his chances?

Re: Josh Hamilton HOF chances?

Way to Early to Tell Yet.He is One Heck of A Player though.

this thread only needs one reply and ill do the honors, his chances are slim and none and slim just got on the train to not-in-this-life-ville. so to your question, he has NO CHANCE

I'd say probably no, but he is having a great season.

Slim chance... I think he'll be remembered for a a few monster years.

I wouldn't give him the MVP yet. Him, AROD or Cabrera... who ever has the best finish down the stretch.

If he hadnt of lost the 4-5 years id say he would probably be on pace. Injury prone year followed by a great year, followed by injury year, followed by a great year wont be enought to reach 3000 hits, 500 hrs. I think hes coming up on 30. He would have to average 35 hr's a year through his 30's to have a shot. The last guys who did that have all used steroids, or have been suspected of using so there is very little chance. All that coming from a Hamilton collector.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

It doesn't look like his career will be long enough to hit the key milestone numbers, however this guy is so freakishly talented that you just never know. To me there is two ways to get in the hall, either you have the longetiviy to reach the big milestones like 3000 hits etc or you just flat out dominate year in and year out where there is no question your the best player in baseball. It's possible that he could rack up a few mvps and even do something crazy like a triple crown....if he dominates for an extended period there will be a shot for him. He has a huge following and an incredible story..no PED's and make no mistake about it the guy has hall of fame abilities, those factors at least give him a shot.

As far as the MVP talk goes, if anyone says he isn't the mvp at least up until this point I suggest watching the Rangers each night. His defense this year is what separates him from the other potential candidates. This guy is batting over .360 and is the best outfielder every night he takes the field. He will steal a base in key situations and take an extra base to get in scoring postition. This year he has put it all together, every aspect of the game....you could argue Cabrera possibly but to do that you would have to be talking hitting alone because he has not put together the overall game that Hamilton has.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    It doesn't look like his career will be long enough to hit the key milestone numbers, however this guy is so freakishly talented that you just never know. To me there is two ways to get in the hall, either you have the longetiviy to reach the big milestones like 3000 hits etc or you just flat out dominate year in and year out where there is no question your the best player in baseball. It's possible that he could rack up a few mvps and even do something crazy like a triple crown....if he dominates for an extended period there will be a shot for him. He has a huge following and an incredible story..no PED's and make no mistake about it the guy has hall of fame abilities, those factors at least give him a shot.

As far as the MVP talk goes, if anyone says he isn't the mvp at least up until this point I suggest watching the Rangers each night. His defense this year is what separates him from the other potential candidates. This guy is batting over .360 and is the best outfielder every night he takes the field. He will steal a base in key situations and take an extra base to get in scoring postition. This year he has put it all together, every aspect of the game....you could argue Cabrera possibly but to do that you would have to be talking hitting alone because he has not put together the overall game that Hamilton has.
    good point. he has not reached the 100 HR mark and almost 30. he would need to put in Sandy Koufax type dominance in his 30's to have a chance. Then at least he could get on the ballot.

I would vote for Cano for MVP. great defense and hitting this year from the second baseman.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

If you want to see the best single game performance by a non pitcher from this year watch fridays game on mlbtv. Andre Dawson made the hall so there may be hope, but like stlhammer said he needs to put together about 6-8 mvp caliber seasons to be considered.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

The only batting stat cano is in the top 5 in batting is avg, and hamilton has him by about 40 points. Hope hambone keeps it up, because daddy wants to go to a playoff game.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    good point. he has not reached the 100 HR mark and almost 30. he would need to put in Sandy Koufax type dominance in his 30's to have a chance. Then at least he could get on the ballot.

I would vote for Cano for MVP. great defense and hitting this year from the second baseman.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington