Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Re: Let's see some display room pics

earlywynnfan,thanks ken for the comments.Yeah it isn't easy being a yankees fan,they are hated,the steelers i dont think are as much but im sure i'm wrong about that.Sounds like they are not your favorite teams.But im glad to say,you can like me,maybe...saying notre dame isn't my favorite college football team (although i did like them when bettis played for them)...no,the miami hurricanes are my team.I said maybe because the canes are looked upon in a negative way by alot of people.And i have been trashed on other boards just saying i was a fan of thiers.hopefully that does'nt happen here.Thanks about lambert comment also,you are right,it's the centerpeice of my lambert collection,and one of the centerpeices in my steelers collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    xpress34: Where did you come up with the idea to hang bats from the floor joists? As long as there isn't plumbing above, that's a great idea.

Joba: Yankees and Steelers, huh? Tell me you love Notre Dame and I'll really not like you! (just kidding. That Lambert photo belongs in every FB collection.)

SlideKelly: Please email me, I have a baseball that might fit in your collection. It's a used, Western League ball from 1920.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    xpress34: Where did you come up with the idea to hang bats from the floor joists? As long as there isn't plumbing above, that's a great idea.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    Ken -

Just one of those 'light goes off' moments... I had just rolled out the blue carpet piece that covers the concrete floor for most of that area and laid down for a moment... and while I was laying there looking at the joists, the idea just came to me... I need to make all the 'hanging' space I can as the walls are solid concrete!!!

I'm glad you like it...

Here's a pic of my latest case pick up - it's a nice sized document display case from the Virgin Records that just closed here in Denver... since I do own quite a few cards - mostly all AU or GU sets - I needed a way to show them as well. I bought three 8' sections of corner trim and cut them to equal 20" lengths and simply have them sitting on screws punched into the corkboard backing to make shelves for the cards.

The case cost me $45 and the locks and trim cost another $30 or so... not bad for this large of a case!!!

And for those who might be wondering - Top L is Jeannie Finch, Bob Motley and Summer Sanders, Top R is the UD SweetSpot Announcers set(Berman, Cohn, Gammons, Patrick, Stuart).

The other cards:

L side - 2000 Revolution Game Ball Set (25 cards - I NEED Eric Milton if anyone has him!) - all cards are AU on a piece of GU MLB Ball. Set includes Bonds, Maddux, Johnson and A-Rod

R side - 2004 Leaf Limited Cuts SILVER Set (25 cards - COMPLETE) - all cards are AU on a 'manufactured' material strip in team Color and #'d to either 50 or 100 depending on the player. Except for Will Clark, Dale Murphy, Mark Prior and Don Mattingly, the other 21 cards are ALL HOFers. In the GOLD set version, each card is numbered to that Player's jersey #. I do own the Gold Nolan Ryan #34/34!

- Chris

NEW Case!!!

Just found this on Craigslist last night from an Optical Shop that is rearranging their office - $40!

Even has Storage in the Base!

From the TOP down:

1st shelf - 1951 Berk Ross Series 1 box

2nd shelf - Vintage KM Pro Yankees Hat, Vintage Hartland Berra w/ Mask, 25th Anniversary Hartland Berra (AUTO'd) w/ Mask and 1950 Bowman Color Berra

3rd shelf - McFarlane Mantle Sport Pick, 1952 Berk Ross Mantle RC, 1953 Bowman Color Mantle, Denkert Mantle Professional Mitt

4th shelf - Rawlings MM4 'The Comet' Mantle Mitt Professional, McFarlane Mantle Sport Pick, Mantle Topps A&G GU Jersey Card, Mantle Topps A&G GU Bat Card

Bottom Shelf - 1960's Little League Ball auto'd by Mantle (Sweet Spot), Don Sutton (in blue sharpie) 'To Tim, Best Wishes', Joe Dimaggio 'To Harriett, Best Wishes April 24, 1967' - Mantle AUTO Hat from Sharper Image

All the best -

Chris

Wow wpeters143, those Dr. J shoes are incredible! very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
    Had to show off my replica Yankees Stadium Wall ( made by the same company who manufactures the panels for the Yankees ), some Yankee Stadium Seats and a few Yankee gamers.....sorry non Yankees fans!!
    Jim, where did you purchase that replica wall? I would love to add a replica center field 408ft wall to my collection. Thanks in advance for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by PGriffin View Post
    Here is a photo of a very small part of my collection I would say about 20% of it with the remaining portion in storage, waiting to be displayed.
    Anyone have contact info for PGriffin? It looks like he is a big vintage glove collector and I had a quick question for him.

Thanks.

Chris
    staindsox@hotmail.com
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Nice stuff. How do I view your blog?

Thanks, Chris

ugh. I go on here and half the photos are deleted. This is one of my favorite threads. Could those who have deleted photos possibly repost? Great stuff guys.

Here's some pics of mine: Primarily Stadium Seats and Memorabilia and Pirates Cleveland Browns Game used items.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Mrozie, your stadium collection is impressive! Love the signs, turnstiles and seats.

Do you have any Matt Alexander items?