Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Let's see some display room pics

Here is my home office. This is more of a working space as opposed to a show room. You will see my collection is comprised mainly of Pirates World Series players game used bats. I used to collect every Pirates bat under the sun but I have decided to whittle it down to one LVS and One Adirondack from every player on the 1960, 1971 and 1979 Buccos championship teams.

The goal is to ultimately have only the correct era bats as well. It is a work in progress. The bats get harder to find, more expensive to buy but more exciting to add to the wall!

You will also see a few large, signed canvas prints on the one wall. I am in the printing industry and I created these for my own pleasure (and got them signed). I gladly trade these canvas prints to other collectors in exchange for other collectibles.
    Happy collecting!
    Marty
    www.thelumbercompany.com
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Marty, Nice bat displays! May I ask where you can get those metal displays. Most of them are gun rack wood style and you can only fit 5 bats spaced 3" apart! Your racks are nice and compact and you can fit more bats nicely space minimally aparts.

Thanks
    -David

Marty,
    Great collection! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Abe

Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the replies. The method that I use to display my bats (and other collectibles) is with slatwall.Slatwall is typically ordered in 4'x8' sheets and can be installed just as you would any other wooden sheet materials. Slatwall cimes standard in a 3" on center configuration. This is ideal for mazimizing you bat spacing AND allowing you display the bats in a horizontal fashion that makes for easier viewing and better for showcasing your gems.

The slatwall is very versatile. It comes in solid woods, wood veneers or colored formicas etc. The "grooves" can be painted or stained an accent color (from the factory) or you can also have snazzy metal inserts in the grooves. In addition there are a multitude of hanging hooks and other hardware that make your displays total modular and quickly changeable. You can convert a wall from 100 bats to 20 helmets, 10 footballs and 5 jerseys in no time.
    What really looks slick is if you couple the slatwall with glass doors (with a depth to accomodate your collectibles). You get a museum like look with minimal expense.

If interested I can get more info on how and where to get slatwall and hardware.

Thanks,
    Marty

Thanks for the information Marty. So no nailing into sheetrock with the slatwalls. What a great and reconfigurable display option!

-David

Marty -

I would be interested in more information on where to get and how to install Slatwall. Thank you.

Banned

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE MEMBERS HERE YOU HAVE SOME GREAT SHOWROOMS FOR YOUR ITEMS AND THANK YOU FOR POSTING PICS AS I AM SURE IT GIVES ME AND OTHER MEMBERS HERE SOME IDEAS. MY HATS OFF TO YOU GUYS!!!

I have not started my display area yet but I plan too and once I do I will post pics of it here.

One of the things I want to do is kind of give a bit of a museum quality feel to my display room and what I have been thinking of doing is buying the glass show cases with the glass shelves that you see in stores and incorporate that into my display room. Just an idea in case anyone else is interested in doing something similar. (HAVE NOT PRICED THEM YET) so of course I will see if its worth doing!!!

Suave,
    You can find some nice 5-6ft upright cases with glass doors and shelves in used condition anywhere from $500-600 range from my experiences. New ones will cost $1000 on up. They are worth every penny in my opinion. I bought all of mine used at Antique markets and they look great.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

Thanks thats not a bad idea

Awesome rooms guys. Again, who makes those acrylic jersey cases pictured in "sportsbaron"'s post?
    Here's some pics of my NFL room: