Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Let's see some display room pics

I'm working on my new display room....had to move out of the bigger room I was in because my 4YO needs a bigger room so I'm downsizing....I'll show more pics of the room when I get it done. Here's one corner of the room so far. I have stuff piled up everywhere so I might be hitting ebay with all of the stuff that's not pre 1970.

Re: Let's see some display room pics

Hi Dan-

Believe it or not my memorabilia room no longer exists...it is completely empty. Everything seen on my website is gone. Well actually its all packed away in about 25 boxes. I too am moving rooms. What took me years to assemble, took me weeks to pack up safetly. I'm almost done remodeling the new room, and in about a week (I hope) I'll begin displaying items again and will have some new pics. The room will be different then past, with only a fraction of what I had out before on display. Everything will be ordered by sport and item (i.e. 20 bats will be on racks as opposed to the 60 bats I had scattered about).

I've been working out of the basement for the past month and it drives me crazy sittting next to all the boxes so I set up some temporary displays to keep me from going through withdrawl. Here are some pics of the temp displays but these are not the new room..just an interim stage.

-Joe
    http://www.geocities.com/vintagesportscollector/

Office memorabilia; home is a lot more crowded

Say it aint so Joe! I know this process is killing you, but you will be fine. You may appreciate your collection more when you have to choose the best of the best. I went through that process with my gloves five years ago. I was up to 120, but only had room for 30. I sold what didn't make the cut which financed other areas that were lacking at the time. Now when I purchase a new glove it either knocks another off the walls, or it is sold. Your new room will also force the "will it fit?" debate before you make new purchases. I have passed up quite a few items I would have jumped on before, simply because they wouldn't make the cut or probably wouldn't generate enough money from resale to justify the purchase. I do have a few crates of extra items of quality in the basement for making substitutions from time to time. You should build a bat rack like those in my office. That is an area of my collection I havn't cut much. Besides, that three feet from the ground isn't good for much else, and you can set other peices on top of the racks. They aren't difficult to build with a few power tools. Let me know if you want construction tips.

Maybe you should add a for sale room to your web site. Now, since it was my idea, I should get first dibs. Are we all in agreement on that? Thaaats what I thought you would say.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for sharing guys.....This is what I like to see. Joe I notice the Dodger Cola bottle you have in your display case. I have one of those in my display room also. I also like your mixed bag of sports memorabilia. I only have baseball stuff, but I love the look of those old basketballs and football helmets. Now with less room to display items I don't think I'll be making the move to other sports.

Name:  birthday037.jpg
Views: 4939
Size:  29.1 KB

Name:  birthday039.jpg
Views: 4927
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  Aaron Room40.JPG
Views: 4911
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  birthday041.jpg
Views: 4908
Size:  51.4 KB

Lotta changes to the display cabinets since these photos were taken (should have an updated set of photos soon), but otherwise pretty up to date. You can view my collection (and my ramblings) in more detail at my blog:

http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/

Had to show off my replica Yankees left field wall ( made by the same company who manufactures the panels for the Yankees ) - a couple of Yankees stadium seats and a few game used bats.....Sorry if you are not a Yankees fan!!

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Img0004/Img0043/Img0045/DSCN0655.JPG[/IMG]

Had to show off my replica Yankees Stadium Wall ( made by the same company who manufactures the panels for the Yankees ), some Yankee Stadium Seats and a few Yankee gamers.....sorry non Yankees fans!!

At least Jim didn't show any Johnny Damon photographs in his room <G>.

Just starting out collecting early Red Sox (pre-1920), I haven't much to show as mostly everything is in one display case. The only other stuff worth mentioning is a base from Schilling's game 2 at Fenway and a 1904 composite. As the original post asked for pics of display rooms, thought I would show my other room. Although there's only a couple of Sox things in here, it's all about beer in Rhode Island. Thought you might like to see it even if it's not entirely sports related.

Greg

Greg. I think most of us are antiquers at heart. I appreciate anything old and love to learn about other collectibles and collections. It looks like you have a good start to your baseball collection as well. Thanks for posting.

Mike H