Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pictures

That looks awesome John!

I know what you mean about kids downsizing your collection. Before I was married I had bats and jerseys as the centerpiece decorations of my house (hard to believe I was ever able to convince someone to marry me). Now I have a small finished section in the basement. The living room walls that used to hold jerseys now display pictures of our kids. OK, I guess I can live with that exchange.

Scott

scott, i did the same thing. how my wife married me i do not know. actually my wife and i adopted a little girl from russia and all the things i saved in the course of my life came in handy. i ended up selling off a ton of things to, one downsize and two earn extra cash to cover all our expenses. it's amazing how different you look at a 1981 cleveland indians all-star raincoat vs a family

take care
    john

Quote Originally Posted by jonincleve View Post
    here is what my basement looks like, mostly buddy/david/gus bell, jim thome and cleveland indians. sorry for the mess on the baseball card picture, had to move things out of the extra bedroom for the baby's room. funny how kids downsize your collection

take care
    john
    John, all I can say is....WOW!

Here are 3 of my walls. As you can see, I am all over the place with this collecting thing: handpainted baseballs, game used bats, Negro Leaguers (the ring around the top), and anything else that catches my eye (McHale jersey, hockey sticks, Bednarik photo.) The Wynn jersey is an auto'd repro. The Wynn Sporting News piece is the only thing I have from the Halper Collection. The overflowing box of baseballs on the floor (the pyramid below the Wynn jersey) is most of my WWII Vet/MLB player collection.

Ken

PS: jonincleve, I'm in Cleveland, too (Willoughby). Someday we should meet!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

excuse me gentleman while i pick my jaw off the floor!! early that's an awesome collection! know i'll just be quit over here and set with the boy's! thank's for sharing!

Ken your room is one of the greatest rooms I have ever seen.Well done sir and I hope maybe one day I might have a room like that.Who knows though.

Geoff

Banned

How do I attach a picture like you guys have? Every time I try to upload a pic it doesn't work.

goto imageshack.us
    hit "browse" and upload image from your harddrive.
    hit "host"
    cut&paste link for forums
    paste directly on "reply to thread"

Thanks guys for posting I dont have anymore room on my walls for anymore jerseys so I like the idea of using the bookcase I think thats what ill have to do.