Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Why Ebay Sucks Sometimes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Another auction ends because of "an error in the listing". Sure.

Did anyone catch this a few weeks back? I wonder how badly that guy got ripped off for ending it early?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Banned

Re: Why Ebay Sucks Sometimes

slidekellyslide im curious what makes you think the guy got ripped off? What would have been the most you would have paid for this item?

I have been selling on ebay for many years and get numerous offers to end an auction early -99% of all offers are laughable. This seller was selling an 1870s Cabinet card of Harry Wright and he didn't even know it....I know for a fact that many big time dealers and collectors were already watching this auction. I can't say for sure if the seller got ripped off or not, but that item is worth $10,000+.

10K +

when i see an auction end like that a think that the seller doesnt know what they have/had, i try to send an email to feel the seller out. did he sell it off ebay? how much did he sell it for? if he says its sold, i'll tell him that its worth a lot of $ and he probably got ripped off.

The seller was made aware of what he had....Not sure if he ended up selling it or not...from the sounds of it he had two different Boston Cabinets. Don't be surprised to see these in one of the big auctionhouse auctions soon.

That was a terrific Cubs pennant. I would say it is in the $500 range easily. Pennants are a bugger to place value on without prior sales data.

That's probably about where I think it's at too Mike. The guy probably sold it less than half that.