Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talk about a photo match for James Loney bat...

Check this bat out. It HAS to be the bat in the picture as you can see the ball amrk on the EXACT spot from this at-bat (and a few ball marks from other at-bats not photographed). Check the rack mark coming down into the BWP logo area. It is exactly the same as the rack mark on the GU bat pics. Pretty cool huh?

Name:  57323058.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  Loney bat 1.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  Loney bat 2.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  Loney bat 3.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  48.0 KB

Banned

Re: Talk about a photo match for James Loney bat...

Brian in my personal opimion that is really not a photo match.

How can you say that is a photo match when you cant barelky if any see markings on the bat distingushing that this is the exact bat, when the picture is not a 100% at the end of the bat. The picture stops short on the barrell and you cant see any markings?

I dont think thats really a photo match.

I'd have to agree with Suave - not a true photo match at all....

Look closely at the bat in the pictures. There is a rack mark (hard to see because the bat is in motion but if you look at the bat photos and then at the bat in the action photo you can see that exact same rack mark. It has the EXACt same curvature. And then if you see where the ball is hit with the bat in the pic, there is a ball mark in that exact same spot on the bat in the pic. I have the bat, so I can see the whole bat.

Loney used this bat just before he got sent back down to the minors. But now he is tearing it up! He may have to move to OF though.

I Garauntee this is the EXACT same bat. What do others think? Should I post other picture of the entire bat? Can y'all see the rack mark I am talking about?

Clearly the hit in the action pic would have left a mark on the bat. If you look at the bat pics there is 2 ball marks in that area, and if you use deduction looking at the action pic and the still bat pics you will see that it is accurate. No question the bat in the action pic is a BWP two-tone bat.

I don't know, seems pretty clear to me.

Here, I have marked what I am talkin' about:

Name:  Loney 2.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  Loney bat 1-2.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  54.1 KB

Still not a photo match..Just my opinion...What do others think...

No match at all.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Can you see the rack mark? The chance of the same brand of bat in the same color getting the same type of rack mark with a ball mark right where the ball is hitting in the action pic is next to impossible. Right? Anyways, with that pic it proves that this bat was DEFINITELY used by Loney in his first callup to the bigs.

Brian,

I think what folks are saying is that they just don't see it. I see what you're talking about, but the photo evidence is nowhere near enough for me to be confident that this is a true match. Could the bat be the one in the photo? Most certainly (perhaps even probably), but I think the title that you assigned to this thread set readers up to expect something very different than what was presented. It's a great bat and you may have a photo of it in use, but it is darn hard to tell. You used the word "guarantee" in your earlier post. Sometimes a collector gets so excited about an item that he can see and guarantee things that others cannot.

Again, great bat and nice photo ... but it is hard to tell if it is the same bat. As LTC Dave Grob has said many times, it is very, very hard to definitively photo-match an item (not a direct quote, but a sentiment that I very much agree with). I appreciate your enthusiasm and diligence.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.