Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions
    I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare. I do not know the significance of the date on your ball. It is a week before he signed with the Mariners. Very cool. The downside on the baseball is that its not on an official baseball which, imho, hurts its value. Regardless its a great baseball i think.

On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare.
    On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home.
    I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it . On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it . On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.
    I see the listing. Nice. 26 views only. Must have been a nice offer.

Its funny but i have a period too after the date. It must have been a trademark from this time period. Name , Uniform # , today's date.

Enjoy the baseball! Nice find.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Totally not related: Javy Lopez hits his first major league homerun on August 21, 1993 off of Shawn Boskie.

Banned

IMO the fact that it is not a major league ball does not hurt its value. AROD was not a professional at the time it was signed. I doubt you would find an MLB ball signed by him from that time period. To keep it in shape, don't display it or handle it outside a ball cube. Store it in a ball cube inside a ballcube box at normal room temperture. It works I lost alot of graphs due to the sun, room light and the oils from my hand over the years but I started doing this and the balls years later look as pristine as when they were signed.

The first auto i ever got was on one of those wilson balls. Its a mantle and has held up just as well as any of the other autos i have. I think i got it about 21 years ago.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington