Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used World Series Cap Question

- I purchased a Phil Coke GU WS Cap from Steiner, its authenticated to Game 6. My question is, what happens to the caps in the midst of the wild celebrating? Is someone in charge of collecting all of them and then authenticating them?

- Thanks guys!

Re: Game Used World Series Cap Question

Quote Originally Posted by zooat2 View Post
    - I purchased a Phil Coke GU WS Cap from Steiner, its authenticated to Game 6. My question is, what happens to the caps in the midst of the wild celebrating? Is someone in charge of collecting all of them and then authenticating them?

- Thanks guys!
    what is the MLB hologram #?

someone must have been collecting the caps from the players at the same time giving them championship logo caps that they wore at the trophy celebration stand.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    what is the MLB hologram #?

someone must have been collecting the caps from the players at the same time giving them championship logo caps that they wore at the trophy celebration stand.
    LH729445

- Dont tell me you have it as well?

not sure how they were collected but only 14 people decided not to keep their caps. its wasnt a one WS cap for one Championship caps exchange. Not sure if it was collected here by a different person than who was passing our the championship caps which is a possibility or collected in the lockerroom later. Look at Pettite celebrating with both caps on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    not sure how they were collected but only 14 people decided not to keep their caps. its wasnt a one WS cap for one Championship caps exchange. Not sure if it was collected here by a different person than who was passing our the championship caps which is a possibility or collected in the lockerroom later. Look at Pettite celebrating with both caps on.
    - Thanks Joel!

- ONLY 14 of them didn't keep their caps? wow! How did you know that?

anxious to see photos...I came close to buying that hat a couple weeks back....hope you got a good deal!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    anxious to see photos...I came close to buying that hat a couple weeks back....hope you got a good deal!!

Yes, I got a great deal! I couldn't be happier considering that these hats are few and far between.....

Will post later today...

- Some pics as promised...not sure if you can tell but the cap is pretty banged up especially the back logo, very dirty...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Wow that is awesome zooat2. Wouldn't mind one of those myself! Just picked up from ShafranCollectibles a GU World Series jersey worn by Mike Harkey and a WS Rob Thomson locker name plate to go with my Melky playoffs Hoody. Would love a cap to complete that set!

awesome hat!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net